Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
I have been in every state except 3 on a Gold Wing, Alaska, Hawaii and North Dakota.
What are the odds that a guy from Fl and one from Ca have travelled the country all over the states , on a Goldwing ,except the same three states?
Interesting.

·
Administrator
21,866 Posts
What are the odds that a guy from Fl and one from Ca have travelled the country all over the states , on a Goldwing ,except the same three states?
Interesting.
Alaska and Hawaii are obvious. North Dakota is slightly curious. I mean...if you've been to Montana, South Dakota and Minnesota...how'd you miss it?

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Alaska and Hawaii are obvious. North Dakota is slightly curious. I mean...if you've been to Montana, South Dakota and Minnesota...how'd you miss it?
Simple, I rode from UPMichigan to Wisconsin, thru Minesota and S Dakota
Then Wyoming and Montana.
I didn't feel the need to see N Dakota and I still don't.
To see every state was not my goal, but so it happened.
The question is how come YOU missed N Dakota. Lol

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Nice "apes" Joe. You look like a "bad guy" from an old biker movie. >:)

That was back in 1972, It was a 72 K1 750. Every summer I would grow my hair long and wear a beard for the biker season. My sister in law worked for American Honda in Gardena and she was able to buy a new Honda every 6 months car or bike for 10% below dealer cost. She got that bike for her dad. After 6 months Honda came out with the K2 750, it had the idiot lights in a small cluster on the handlebars, the K1 which that bike was had them in the speedo and tach. and he wanted the K2. So I got that bike for what the K2 cost my sister in law out the door was $1281

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
To be honest, when we traveled we were always with 2 other couples that have been all over the US and Canada many times. Ed & June and Don & Connie were their names.

Since the wife and I were new to riding at that time we just followed them. When someone would ask me if I have ever been to a specific I would answer ASK ED OR DON. My nick name when I was in a club was WRONG WAY ROVITO. When I led a ride everyone would say, Joe is leading so we are going to have a lot of U Turn practice. I always got lot even after I would pre rode a route.Those were the days before GPS.

·
Premium Member
3,616 Posts
nothing in the Dakotas worth going to see as a destination

John I could probably name 30 of the lower 48 states that fit that description. Lol.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
3,267 Posts
Congrats RayJoe on your 50th anniversary as a rider. I got a late start as a motorcycle rider and have been at it for 44 years. I was in my 30s when I got my first bike, a 74 Honda CB550 Four. Since then I have had many bikes of various sizes. At one time I had 5 motorcycles in my shop... two Goldwings and three dirt bikes. I presently have two 1500s now. I wish I had kept up a little on how many miles I have ridden but I don't really know. It would be a lot though.... I have been to most states except up in the northeast. Mostly from Alabama, where I live, out through the western and southern states. I can't ride much at all lately because my wife is bedridden and I can't get away much anymore.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, I'm bragging. Had a birthday that makes it 50 years of continuously owning and riding motorcycles.

Who'd a thunk it!

Rayjoe
I hear ya!! Congrats to you!
Been riden for 54 years, and I’m here to still talk about it.
And, as long as it remains fun and keeps my juices running..., I’ll keep riding.

Alan

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts

50 for me too. Started with a 67' CL77 with snuffs, loved that bike.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts