Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Ok, Anybody riding in Arkansashas got to make their way up to highway 341 aka Push Mountain Road and ride that 25 mile stretch of road. I cannot believe what a great twisty road that is with a perfect road surface and virtually no traffic. Its like it was designed for motorcycles. The road takes off from highway 5 south of Mountain Home and meanders southwesterly toward Big Flatt. Its got to be in my top 3 roads of all time and currently I can't think of what 1 and 2 would be. Also if you are there on weekends be sure and look for Jack of Pushmountainpics.com on the side of the road snappin' pics of you while you blow by. I stopped and chatted with him. Nice nice man. He then posts them online for you to view and purchase if you like. I was very happy with mine and bought three of them. Have fun with that!! Bobby

Attachments

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
imported post

There are several very good roads in Arkansas ... that is one of the better ones.

I love the solitude on a week day ... it is like you are all alone ... just you and the road. A person can run the entire distance and meet only one are two people.

A word of Caution! Deer Season is getting started.

Bob

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
imported post

dallasdon wrote:
Ok, I'll bite. Where is this road in Arkansas?
Okay, I will give you the quick way ... this is not the scenic route ... that will take a little more explaining, but it would be more fun.

From I-40 in Conway, take exit 125 for Hwy 65 North. In Marshall, Arkansas turn right on Hwy 27, then at Harriet turn right on Hwy 14. After going thru Big Flat, look for Hwy 341 approximately 4 miles down the road. Turn left on 341 and enjoy. But ready, because the fun starts immediately.

Bob

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
imported post

AspectOne wrote:
Man.. next week I am SOOOOOOO there!!!!!!

Wanna do it together Bob?
That sounds great ... but do you think it is ever going to stop raining?

Bob

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
imported post

AspectOne wrote:
Who cares... I got an extra suite if you need it bro

It is not that ... I have the suit, etc.

I have a set of stock tires on the bike that are getting toward the end of their life. And they don't like the rain very much new ... soooo ... I would rather it be dry.
Besides, my bike is allergic to wet leaves on wet pavement in tight corners... :D

Bob

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
imported post

AspectOne wrote:
SWEET!!!!!!! I wanna go I wanna go ......
Now, I have to ask ... have you been to Push Mountain? If not ....

You gotta go, you gotta gooooo .... :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Bob

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
imported post

AspectOne wrote:
ok SOUNDS LIKE THE MAKINGS OF A GOOD MID WEEK RUN NEXT WEEK .. OR PERHAPS EVEN SUNDAY??????
Yes it certainly does !!

As you know ... every good road is completely different when ridden in the opposite direction. That may mean weHAVE to ride it twice .... Oh MY!! :shock:

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

Take a leisurley ride up Mt. Nebo if you're in the area. You'll never forget the experience or view from the top.

·
Premium Member
20,620 Posts
imported post

I think all the roads in Arkansas were made for motorcycles! Well at least all the ones I have been on are smooth and beautiful! :action::action::action:

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts
imported post

twyn wrote:
Take a leisurley ride up Mt. Nebo if you're in the area. You'll never forget the experience or view from the top.
Been there a few times, so has Lopeha, DavO430, AspectOne/Two, and plenty of others. But have you noticed, every time I go up there, I'm either following a Caddilac up the hill or down the hill with some 80 year old granny driving like she is in a funeral procession. You can't get any more leisurley than that.:cheeky1:

Gene:waving:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.