Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Things ain't what they use to be .Fourty Fiveyears ago I was riding a Honda 90 that
would overheat if it ran at high speed to long so I'd stop and let it cool off.
Gas was 40 cents a gallon and riding for 2 or 3 hours was an adventure,we had the
world by the tail.

Today as I climb onto to my 850 pound liquid cooledMC with air ride,cruise control,
satellite radio,digital camcorder,Helmet sound,Bike to Bike Communications,GPS navigation
and on and on I wonder what another few generations will bring in Motorcycles, and I ponder
sometimes whether I enjoy this any more than that old Honda 90,hair straight back, and a big goofy grin.

I guess its all about the freedom of riding that we have such a passion about,but I must admit I would'nt
trade my nice soft sheepskin covered Wing seat for that old Honda 90 bench seat that madea 2 hour ride
seem like a testof indurance.

In two weeks I head out on a 10 day tourcovering several thousand miles.
Am I happy I can do this in comfort...you bet.
But some days I think about how simple life
was back then. Guess I'm just an "Old Timer" in a modern world with a passion for
Motorcycles thats lasted a life time. And thats the truth...." So lets ride!!!"

and don't forget towave when you're out there,we're all in this together.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
imported post

+1 and a big "AMEN" to all of that! :clapper:

On my shiney, brand new, 1965 Honda Sport 65 back in high schoolI felt like the king of the road!

But now I needmy Wing and my wife and the two saddlebags and the trunk! :cheeky1:

It's all good on two wheels!

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
imported post

In 1964, when I bought my first bike, a Honda Dream, it seemed like a dream come true. Just to ride, that's what I wanted. Same as today.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
imported post

Sparky65, I am ARKnapp, Albert; could you do me a favour and check the phone book for a Daniel Stone in Terrace or Christopher Stone.

A father and son I have lost track of since 1996. The last I heard they moved to Terrace. I lived in Kitimat and told stories of the area so they may have moved there.

Thank you,
Al Knapp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.