Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering for those that are coming from areas around mine (Upper East Tennessee) if anyone would want to meet up and have a group to show up at one time? Let me know what you all think about that idea.:waving:

·
Registered
936 Posts
I will be coming from the North. Wingding is being held in Madison, Wisconsin and ends July 5. Too far out for me to decide if I break up my ride over two days or straight in on Monday. 600 miles from my home in central Illinois, or more if I go from Madison, Wisconsin. Will be interesting to see when people are traveling and how. I push long rides so not sure who would want to travel my style? Fuel tank makes my breaks.

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
I am planning on riding in to NASSIR 7 but I agree with Mark, it's a little far at this time to make a definite plan but a bunch of us rode into NASSIR 1 together from the Midwest and we certainly enjoyed ourselves coming in together.

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
We'll be coming over from Georgetown, TN (about 30 miles N of Chattanooga... Might be able to meet along the way somewhere - not exactly sure of our route just yet... We'll be bringing both the bike and the car as we'll have our puppy with us - we're in a cabin for accommodations...

Les

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
We'll be coming over from Georgetown, TN (about 30 miles N of Chattanooga... Might be able to meet along the way somewhere - not exactly sure of our route just yet... We'll be bringing both the bike and the car as we'll have our puppy with us - we're in a cabin for accommodations...

Les

I'll be coming from Texas but no one likes riding with me... because I am too slow... I wander around... A LOT! I also brake for fish camps, barbecue and breweries...

...and my bike is blue.

I will be leaving from the area around Monticello, GA headed that way sometime just after the "Fawth Uvh Joo-Lye." (as they say in the south.)

T

·
Registered
936 Posts
Getting excited to get all these rides in this year! Several mapped out and ice on roads is the only hold back at the moment. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
We will be riding in from Savannah Ga.
We are looking forward to dropping in on our first NASSIR this year and joining in on some of the fun and rides
We look forward to meeting a bunch of new freinds :)

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
AJ1500

I think "The Snore's: live in Savannah... I am not sure if you are planning on coming through Athens or not... but if ya wanted to meet up there I could 'prolly do that...

Otherwise I'll be seeing ya at Fontana...

T

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Good to be thinking about the ride, helps warm the bones and fight off this cold weather. LOL

Still too far away though to be making any real plans for many of us. I know I'll be there, but not a clue where I will be riding in from or when yet.

I may ride in from here at home in MO/AR area or I may be up in OH and ride down from there.

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
I'll be coming from Texas but no one likes riding with me... because I am too slow... I wander around... A LOT! I also brake for fish camps, barbecue and breweries...

...and my bike is blue.

I will be leaving from the area around Monticello, GA headed that way sometime just after the "Fawth Uvh Joo-Lye." (as they say in the south.)

T
That sounds like my kind of riding!!!

I better get busy on getting the bikes running right. Not sure which one I'm taking yet.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
us385
I'm not sure yet on our route as the Bro-in-law and wife are going as well, they live above Atl. in Cummings We will prob. meet up with them then ride in from there, just not sure of the path we will take
He just joined the Goldwing family recently, he bought Hastemakers 1800

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I used to live in a suburb of Atlanta called REX so I am familiar with those parts... two summers ago I was coming the other way and rode right past the Fontana village on NC 28 and just stuck with it until I was almost in Commerce. As I recall that route along NC 28 was a good ride... I was planning on trying to ride in that way this summer.

I am jonsin' for my eastern digs in a bad way...

T

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
Yeah, NC 28 is a pretty awesome ride... Have ridden it a few times...
Think we'll be coming in on TN 129 - actually pretty much the shortest route for me... (he-he ;))
A= Georgetown, TN
B= Fontana Village

Les

·
Senior Moments!
1,513 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
OK us385south, you have me scratching my head, I lived in Atlanta area for 22 years and I can't figure out where you are talking about ( REX )

I don't have our route yet but we are heading up on the 4th, going to make a long week of it

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
South Atlanta suburb.Pic of an old mill i found that is in REX village.
http://sites.google.com/site/jcbargerphotos/RexMillGA-2.jpg

I used to go to Decatur on the east side of Atlanta about 20 times a year late 80's to early 90's.I used to enjoy the trips to Atl.

The old small private owned 76 truckstop at Adairsville exit had THEE BEST breakfast in the United States.Blytheville Ark private owned 76 ran a close 2nd.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Are there still anymore 76 truck stops? Even 76 gas stations? I stopped at allot of the 76 truckstops back in the 80's maybe in real early 90's also, but I don't think I seen one in last 20 years or so!

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
I guess money talks n BS walks..Never would have believe'd TA would have taken over.But then again,76 got hooked up with Napcar and sold racin' fuel for quite a while.I'm sure the overhead is a LOT less.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts

I used to like TA's also, but now after reading that I will not be stopping at any from now on, though I have been at times up till now!
Another case of a decent chain getting power hungry and ruining not only itself but many others on the way!
No wonder the Petro stops I used to like turned to crap also!
I have not seen a good Iron Skillet restaurant at a Petro for a couple years I guess, now just crappy fast food junk at many!

In the late 70's, 80's 90's the 76's, TSA, Petro, were my 3 main stops depending what food I wanted and what was where I wanted to stop. All three were good back then. TA and Petro aren't worth a hoot today! Maybe if you don't know any better they might seem "ok" but for those of us that knew what they once WERE, today they are nothing!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.