Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey all, I have another question. I am 6’6 and I have monkey arms, are there any fellow long arm riders out there, and if so what types of riding jackets do you have? Most jackets I have seen are too short in the sleeve. I was hoping to get into a Aerostich Darien but I am afraid it will also be too short. Thanks for any input.

Lou
78' Gl1000

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Talk to the Aerostich people. They should be able to lengthen the arms on a jacket you order from them.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

That's right Lou, they can adapt teh sleeves and have a good record at this. Put the jacket on and mark your arm where the end of the jacket meets, then stretch your arms out in fornt of you and again mark the point where the sleeve has moved up to. Measure the difference and ask Aero to add that amount to the sleeves.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thank you all! I called up Aerostich and they said their jacket was a 34 sleeve length, and I am a 38 dress shirt length. ( the most they can add is 2 inches) I am hoping the two measurements are not the same. I will go ahead and order the darien, before alterations, and try it on. If all else fails I can always return it.
Lou

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

Aerostitch arereal nicepeople to deal with. If you order the wrong size jacket they will replace it without any waffle.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Holy crap, I looked at Aerostitch jackets, thosecost more than new tires, brakes and a case of beer!:shock:

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Different strokes for different folks.. those jackets are not cheap!

I just retired my old 21 yr old leather riding jacket and bought a new Wilson leather jacket.. $200 on sale.. I have the same problem with long arms.. My first jacket had 4" sleeve extensions already sewn on. It's in perfect condition and doesn't fit anymore because of my (ahem) change in waist line..

The Wilson jacke it perfect and came with long arms.. I tried on several of the same model at two different stores before settling on the right one. Wilson also has on-line sales..

Not pushing Wilson, but there are very good jackets out there for much less money..

Black is my favorite color in leather...

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Holy crap, I looked at Aerostitch jackets, thosecost more than new tires, brakes and a case of beer!:shock:
Well Paul,

Ya get what you pay for. The adventure motorcycle types use them a lot because they're made from Gore Tex (waterproof and breathable).

I used to climb, and my climbing jacket and pants cost about the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.