Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

widerider98 wrote:
I appreciate your advise. Im not going to put money into a new seat. Ill sell out first. Too bad as it has only 1100 miles and Ill take a bath. Guess its just not my style. I want to lean back, not sit up and reach down.
I'm not trying to bust your chops but I find this statement curious. Why would you rather lose money by selling your new bike than to spend some money, probably less than you'll lose, on a new seat? I look at it this way, in a car you have a seat that moves all over the place, back and forth and able to lean way back,and in many cars even move up and down, so it's not difficult to find a position that suits you. With a bike you don't have all those options so they are built with a one-size-fits-most attitude. A good seat built for your size can make all the difference in the world, as 4evermetric mentioned. Some of the best money I've spent on bikes for comfort sake is the seat. When I bought my 1500 in Aug 08 the seat height put my knees at an angle that they didn't like. I had a Hartco seat built for my height and weight and what a difference. The built in backrest adjusts back enough I could lean way back if I wanted to. It's your money but IMHO I'd be looking at a seat first and Mick-O-Pegs second.

John

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.