Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

widerider98 wrote:
I have a new 2009 goldwingcomfort nav. I am 6'4" and I cannot make peace with the riding position. I have bought a backrest and it pushes me too far forward. I have roadpegs. I have ridden for years but no wings since 1984 model.
Has anyone tall had any luck lowering driver pegs or raising handbars?
I am so frustrated that I am ready to sell.
thanks for your replys.

You can raise the bars, but you can't lower the pegs, they drag already.

Mick-O-Pegs might work for you, I don't have them but lots of members run them and love them from the comments I've seen here. When you put your feet on them they extend downward - work for straight cruising.

I am 6'2" and I have adapted and am comfortable. I recommend the Utopia backrest. It has an adjusting screw and will move back quite a bit. I love mine, heard lots of other pleased comments too.

What kind of road pegs do you have? I have Kuryakyn switch blades on standard length arms. These work for me. They make a shorter arm - I'd recommend that for you - this will move your legs further forward. The switch blades give you one more position to ride at - they support your heel. Or you could put mini boards on them. They have a lot of options.

Considering your 6'4" height, especially if you carry more of your height in you legs versus your torso, you might have to get a custom seat that allows you to move back some - depends on if you ride two up though.

Don't get frustrated - there are too many options out there - you should be able to get a set up that works for you. Part of it is just riding and adapting your position. I was use to being stretched out on Harleys, the wing is somewhat cramped - but that's about the only negative thing than can be said about it.

There are several thread on tall riders / comfort do some searches and you will find a lot more suggestions.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.