Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, All!! Bassmaster and I are riding from Kansas City, MO to Pensacola, FL. We will leave this Friday morning, June 28, head to St. Louis, then stop in Cape Girardeau or Sikeston, MO for the night. From there we will cross the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers at Cairo, IL, meander through a bit of Kentucky, then hit Beale Street in Memphis. From Memphis, we will travel south into Mississippi and go through Tupelo and Meridian. We will then head down to Mobile, AL and on to Pensacola, FL to spend a few days with Bassmaster's mom and step-dad. We will take about 3 days to get from Kansas City to Pensacola.

This is a link to our map as it stands now: http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Kansas+City,+MO&daddr=38.6106153,-90.207563+to:37.6890261,-89.8752653+to:36.9214966,-89.2308922+to:36.4270684,-89.068034+to:35.1427544,-90.0158431+to:34.2979654,-88.7139176+to:pensacola,+FL&hl=en&ll=38.255436,-92.559814&spn=4.304286,10.821533&sll=34.273106,-89.269409&sspn=1.132542,2.705383&geocode=FU6dVAIdedhc-imXmemvXvfAhzGiUapq5iWFVQ%3BFbcmTQIdtYqf-ikVhYVYdbPYhzFsl41m89ZoNQ%3BFcIWPwIdv5yk-ikvMDJl5dx3iDFWRHRh5MnZGQ%3BFZhgMwId1HGu-inV4Hk3Orh5iDFDhBhhBmGGkQ%3BFTzVKwId_u2w-inRaOmEZG15iDEbQpxH4rctTQ%3BFWI8GAIdnXei-ik_-vuYE37VhzETeuAhsxN9hA%3BFW1YCwIdQ1W2-in9Odme3k2HiDEt85PH4bhWHg%3BFT0x0AEd7SzN-im7qsusRb-QiDF8ZXkxbprGpw&mra=dpe&mrsp=6&sz=9&via=1,2,3,4,5,6&t=m&z=7

We would love to hear from any goldwingers who will be in our path of travel. Please let us know if you would like to meet up! :waving:

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
are we there yet

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
are we there yet

You guys have fun and be careful. Michael I know you really don't enjoy it or like to but for our sake take lots of pictures.:ROFL::ROFL::raspberry:

Keep us posted of your progress. :readit::waving:

·
Premium Member
20,620 Posts
I agree with Jack! Be careful and have fun! If I wasn't in Michigan this week I'd meet you there. Either way.....enjoy!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Same Trip but in a cage with Family....

We are leaving Thursday fot Destin and I am jealous of your conveyance. We will be in Destin till the 3rd but the weather looks like crap so we may be stuck in condo rental. Safe travels.... Do you fellas make any trips West dring the Fall? I really want to do the mountains this year as this is my first Wing and I love it.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Looks like we are making near the same trip near the same time.
We leave after wife gets off work on Sat, so Sat evening we should be passing Memphis heading to Gulf Shores, AL. which of course is pretty close to Pensacola, FL
If they don't work Sat though, we will leave Friday night or Saturday morning.

I hate the fact I will be stuck in a car for this trip though!
Wife won't ride and she don't want to follow me. :sadguy:

Maybe us guys could solo on the bikes and the gals ride in the car ;)
:shock::shock:
OK, I heard that! :shock: I guess not :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Your route did not show up, just opened a map page here with no route shown.

Our route in car is probably something like this.
http://goo.gl/maps/Cm5tR

Don't seem to want to embed the Google map here

Just going to get there to daughters since in car and probably just drive straight through over night.

If your staying over in Sikeston, MO Friday night pop me a PM, maybe I'll ride over and meet up somewhere if wife is working Sat. I haven't been in that direction for awhile anyway and a nice ride from here.

Are you riding down I55 through Festus?

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
I don't know if Beale St. has changed but at one time when I was stationed out at Millington for a few weeks , waiting on parts, I went to Beale St. it was a war zone!!!...I hope its changed...Safe Trip..

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Gang, I'll make sure Bassmaster takes lots of pictures, Jack, even though he finds it painful. :ROFL:

Chromo, we will PM you if we get to Sikeston tomorrow evening. It's a drag that you have to be in a cage to Gulf Shores.

Pete, the only trip we have planned for the fall so far (or close to it) is the Midwest Meet & Green in Eureka Springs. Bassmaster has family in Alamosa, CO, and we have talked about making a run to Colorado Springs. We will have to wait and see how everything pans out for the rest of the summer. We'll keep you in mind.

Flyone, too bad you can't meet us down there. Bassmaster's mom would LOVE you. She is a sweetheart. We will be there until July 5.

Keep the messages coming, Folks. We'll check the forum daily and will post our progress. Take care!!!

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Me again. I fixed the link in my original post to show the correct map.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
I might take a pic or two

·
Lets just ride
98 Posts
Ride safe you all ,, be careful and have fun !!!

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Wife just called and she is not working tomorrow. We will either be heading out later tonight or early morning.
Sorry I won't be able to meet up with you in Sikeston tonight if you stop over there.

Maybe we will meet up somewhere on the road getting gas after Memphis LOL
I think we are running the same roads, but probably not at the same time though.

·
Senior Moments!
1,555 Posts
Ride safe as I know you will!!

:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
20,620 Posts
Be safe you two!

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Probably too late to add a route change but you guys aren't very far from the NatcheZ Trace. Runs from just West of Nashville to Natchez, MS. It's one of my bucket list rides.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Have a great trip!! Sounds like a blast, will be thinking about you on the road. Stay safe and keep the rubber side down!! :)

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
view from the top of the arch

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
Well I'll be darned, the earth is round!!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Cool picture Michael.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone! Lopeha, I saw the Natchez Trace route, but we had to miss it this time. :sadguy: We have to get to mom-in-law's tomorrow. We will have to catch it on the next trip to Pensacola. Maybe by then, some of our Goldwing family can ride along. :)

Here is a teaser of what we have seen so far:

Bridge Sky Fixed link Architecture River

Pink Sky Town Architecture Pedestrian

House Home Property Building Cottage

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.