Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'd mentioned before that end of year there are specail deals, lower price, and bring a freind free coupons to buy next years Seasons passes.

If you wait till next year all that goes away, if interested now is the time to buy passes for 2012.

Lots of Info on the park at http://www.silverdollarcity.com/
Season pass info http://www.bransonsilverdollarcity.com/tickets/seasonpasses.aspx?track=SDCMPOFFERS

Check the dates on when the bring a friend free passes will be for.

ES8 is Aug 31-Sep 3 and Silver Dollar city is about a 50 miles ride from Eurika Springs, AR. Season pass is valid, bring a friend free is good Aug 6-Sept 16, but not on Sept 1 and 2. So for ES8 if you arrived early or go on 3rd 2 get in on one season pass and free pass

Check the dates at times the park will be open http://www.bransonsilverdollarcity.com/dates-hours/

Season pass is good around time for NASSIR 5, BUT there is no bring a free free pass for that time :X

Anyway, for those that may want to go sometime during 2012 NOW is the time to buy your season pass and get all the extra's

I've gone allot over the years living fairly close, 150 miles, so I have seen it all and done it all, though they change things.

For those close enough to ride in once in awhile Silver Dollar City might be a nice place to do a meet a few times during the year.

Good food around Branson, Cheap hotels or expensive to suit your tastes.

Since I ride over there, 300 mile round trip just for breakfast sometimes, it'd be a nice place to meet up at times with others.

I have not bought my pass for next year yet. Since I went so much this year I hadn't decided about next year yet, but if others want to get together and go, I'll buy my pass also.

·
Administrator
26,582 Posts
imported post

Dang the prices have really gone up since I was there last about 10 years ago. I think it was around $25 per person at the time.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yep!

The seasons pass doesn't cost much more than just a 1 day adult admission, and if you have the bring a friend free coupon you save allot of money just going 1 time with a spouse or friend. Then more you go more you save and it adds up real fast!

I think I will order 1 pass this year myself.
Wife is a bit tired of going, I still go because I ride over there on Wing for Breakfast in Branson sometimes just for the ride. SO I might ride out to Silver Dollar and just spend an hour or 2 since it's free with the pass.
I can take wife 3 or 4 times for free if I just buy 1 pass for myself so no need to buy her one really.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
imported post

The last time I was in Branson was 1972. I think there was one gas station and not much else. Someday I'll get back there.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
imported post

We were there yesterday, wife wanted to see the Christmas lights. We got a special deal of only 38.oo then we upgraded to season passes that day for only 50.00 a each but we did not get any bring a friend for those prices. They have limited the bring a friend dates from years past. Not too many bring a friend dates.
Randy

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I wanted to go over for the lights, and Breakfast also. Wife didn't so I stayed home and missed them. Perfect riding weather for a few days too around here.
Cold nights, but great days.

Been busy with all the stuff coming in for a new business so I've just stayed home and worked on getting things together.

Not seemed to been much interest when I post about the passes and deals, thought maybe we could get some rides together and use Branson/Silver dollar area for little meets and such.

Wife don't ride and bored going so much, so I ended up not getting my pass yet either.
I looked and Deadline Extended - prices valid through January 4, 2012 so I may still get one for myself. 4 free passes throughout the year and the one for after 6pm only so probably worth the $72 to me.

Yes, it seems over the years they cut back a bit on the days for the free passes, but still plenty of days to use them during the year here and there.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

my wife and i went to silver dollar city alonggggggggggg time ago was alot of fun in prime tourist season to boot took us 4 hours to go 3 miles

yeah tons of fun the worst part was they had a fancy roller coaster there, i stood in line for 2hours got up to the top and i swear those seats were only 18inches shoulder to shouulder 4 wide i was really embarresed i did the walk of shame

but i did ride the heck outta water rapids ride

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

And there is so much else there besides rides also.
The music shows, craft workers, various events and festivals during the year.

Rides are fun for those that like rides, but plenty else to do and see for those that don't like to ride rides.

The free cave is nice to go through also once you get in the park, I been through it many times over the years.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

i plan on going maybe in 2yrs or 3yrs or so takin the kids and wife on vacation but to catch it all we'll have to go in the summer time

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

I ordered my passes today.

Need to get them 4th or before to get the best deals, unless they extend it again which I would not count on just in case.

I figure I'll be hanging out in Branson,MO area enough in 2012 to make use of them.
Hopefully with some of the nearby riders we can do some meets in that area also during the year.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Got my little newsletter for Silver Dollar City yesterday.
Looks like allot going on over there this year.

They extended the deal on the seasons pass till the end of this month so it's still not to late to buy a pass for about $80 and get the free passes with it to take friends free.

I can't find the news letter right now, wife was reading it and not sure where she put it.

Diamond Rio will be there for 1 day and Pam Tillis for 1 day, days are together one after the other so see both in 1 trip. It did not mention any extra cost for the shows so I'm not sure if these are Free shows or not. If they are free I plan to be there both days.
Normally all the shows in the park are free.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.