Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am putting my GL1500 back together and realized I left the right front heat shield off (see pictures). I'm wondering, if I move forward without putting this part back in, am I going to damage anything? I know that might be a difficult question to answer, but I was interested in your thoughts. I live in Alaska, so not worried about me getting too hot, but if I'm going to hurt the bike, that's a different story.

Second question here, if I do put it back, can someone help me determine how far back in I need to go? I already took the lower exhaust protector off, and the next logical step would be the right fairing but I'm in there with a flashlight and don't see where this heat shield goes (and the manual isn't helping).

Any thoughts would be so appreciated, and if you have any pictures of this heat shield on your bike that would help too.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ha ha. I figured it out. It is the heat shield that protects the rear master cylinder from the header/exhaust heat. I'm good to go on this one for now! Thanks you all.

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500 Asp and 2017 GL1800 4AC
277 Posts
I cannot recommend you leave it off. If it wasn't necessary, Honda designers would not have made and installed it. Heat, as is water, is the enemy of hydraulic fluid by the way

Reactions: limpy45
1 - 3 of 3 Posts