Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:(I have just installed a stealth light led bar on the left side of my 1800. Now I'm ready to take on the right side. Same procedure for right side, except for removal of right glove box with lock assembly. I could use some tips on how to do this. Thanks in advance for your help !:cool: Wayne

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Take the one inch side trim strip off the side as you did on the left one. Unlock the box. Take out the two screws and the two push pins. Lift out the box , now gently line the release lock cable up with the slot in the plastic pull pin and remove it. Unsnap the cable from the snap retainer and remove the box.

Kit

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

:cool:Thanks Kit for the fast reply. I kinda thought that's how it was done, but better to ask first than be sorry later. I really appreciate your help.:bowing:

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

oldwing59 wrote:
:cool:Thanks Kit for the fast reply.  I kinda thought that's how it was done, but better to ask first than be sorry later. I really appreciate your help.:bowing:
Dont forget to connect the cable back up when refitting as its a bit awkward trying to unlock it. :weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks Globetrotter, I appreciate your response and help. I just finished installing the light on the right side and everything went as smooth as silk. Works perfect and looks great. God Bless:clapper:

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

If you find that the LED light bar comes off due to the double back tape failing..."some have had this problem"... You may try re-applying it with a couple small drops of GOOP adhesive and hold it in place with painters tape overnight until dry. The GOOP adhesive drys clear and like a hard rubber. Can be used everywhere and won't be bothered by vibration or moderate heat. I carry a small 1oz tube in my tool kit.
I also think it is the best stuff for installing fender extensions.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks for the tip Corventure. You guys are great:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.