Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The color is the 93 wineberry or whatever it's called. or if the price is right it don't have to that color.:cool:

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

Hey,heyhay join the crowd,if you do happen to find more than one KEEP IT or pm me

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

Are you missing yours?

Or just need a better one?

There are some good tips on the forum on how to repair the Tabs that get broken off.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
imported post

FYI in 1993 the only red-ish color is called Candy Spectra Red. I just don't want you to get the wrong part. Before having an accident and getting into body shop parts, I always thought mine was Wineberry, and now I know better.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

One of my pins was broken off and I did't get on correct and it blew off going down the highway. I've seen them on ebay but for a little more cash I can get a new one.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

They are expensive either way.

Take some advice from the guys here and run you a length of fishing line from your cover to the frame member.

I used a snap swivel tie to the end of the line so I could wrap around the frame member and clip to the line.

Just in case the cover comes off while riding.

I think it's one of the suckiest things Honda did.

I myself would much rather see a screw head than the hidden posts that give us all so much trouble.

I broke one off again the other day removing the battery cover in the cold.

Still makes me mad, and I was being so very careful.

Good Luck

Mohawk

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Finally I found a set on ebay, same color. I don't need the left one if someone needs the left side. let me know.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

You can make yourself a tool with an old kitchen knife to get them off really easy. Just bend the end to fit in the area of the back nipple that is or seems to always break off, and fit the tool in and pull it straight out whenever you need to. The binding is what breaks them while taking them off in the first place.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

Great Idea SpiderBob,

I will make me one of those tools to leave in the saddlebag.

I have even got in the habit of removing the seat each time I have to take the side covers off to make it easier.

Hey, Heyhay,

You may need to start a new thread in the for sale section with your offer of the other side cover. That way more people see it.

And Thanks for that offer as these side covers are hard to find.

Have a GREAT NEW YEARS Guys,

Mohawk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.