Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have a right Wineberry cover that will fit the 80 through 83 Hondaline saddlebag I am looking to trade. The clear coat and pinstripesarein too goodof condition to sand down to paint black.I just thought I would see if someone had a black one theywould liketo trade.

Steve

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

What color are the pinstripes? That changed from one model to the other. Is it a solid Wineberry or two-toned? Trying to find out what year it was made for.

What year is the one you're looking for?

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

The cover is a solid wineberry. The larger pinstripe is a reddish orange, more red than orange, I guess and the smaller one is a yellowish gold. I'm looking for the blackcover thatcame onthe '81 Interstate. The PO must have broken the right side and replaced it with the Wineberry one. The color doesn't make much difference to me since I'm going to have to repaint it anyway. Thesaddle bagson my bike are black and the left cover pinstripes and clearcoat were in bad shape. I sanded the left one down and have primered it getting ready to paint. I just thought I would give someone a chance at the wineberry cover before I sand it down.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

I thought the '81 color was metallic blue-black. A VERY dark blue, almost looks black even. I have an '81 fairing on my '83 black bike, and it's hard to tell the difference.

I had a brand new saddlebag lid for the '81, but I can't recall what side it was for. My '83 Aspencade has 2 gold stripes, so it's not for that bike.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

The color of my bike is definitely black, though the cover and the shelter have a little metal flake in the paint. From what I can figure out, the wineberry cover may have come off an '82 after doing some research and looking at the latch plate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Here's another picture of the cover.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Yep, that's an '82 Wineberry color.

If your paint is metallic, then it's called Metallic Cosmo Black, and if you look at it in the sun, you'll see a super dark bluish tinge to it. The solid black I think was '80 and '83. The pinstripe color narrows down the year as well.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
imported post

That's a nice looking cover. Someone will be lucky. Hope you get what you need. :waving:

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Yep, there is a slight dark blue hue to the shelter, I thought it might have discolored some. The bags on the other hand as well as the fairing are black with no metal flake that I can see. I am going to have the shelter, the front fenderand the lids painted over the winter. My next thing is to try and locate the pin striping. I have spent the last 3 1/2 months getting the bike to being a reliable rider.

Steve

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

If anybody wants to trade, let me know by Friday night otherwise it get sanded down and painted black Saturday.

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.