Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Pwhoever
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just picked them up tonight and they came out great!Now to get the new bearings in, swap the rotors, install the 83 degree valves, get tires on them, and finally get them installed on the bike. I think silver was probably the best choice....

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Outta sight... man-o-man those look great.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
imported post

:claps:They look GREAT!! I really like the silver.:claps:

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
imported post

Don't forget the centramatics!

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Those look cool!!!!

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

That is sweet! :applause:

John

·
Pwhoever
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Dan Kelly wrote:
Unfortunately the Centramatic setup is only for the GL1800's and not the GL1500. I will be using Dynabeads for the balancing. I started using them some time ago and have been pretty satisfied so far.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
imported post

I can hear your better half screaming "Get those things off the kitchen table" :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Pwhoever
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Shhhhh!!!!:ssshh: She wasn't around when I took the pics. Besides, right now those wheels are clean enough to eat off of. :cheesygrin:

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Am I wrong in picking up on the fact that you have a spare set of wheels now?

DrifterTex and I have talked about buying a set to use for this purpose and then just swapping them around the forum for folks that want to chrome or powder coat their wheels.

I have been looking that this guy... he is a former student of mine working down in Seguin. I would like to get the valve covers done too...

http://www.tiradocustomcoatings.com/

He sho-nuff does some pretty work...

·
Pwhoever
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

You are not wrong. Ihad found a spare front at a decent price and had that powder coated. It wasweathered but in good shape otherwise.Then I had swapped out my originalrear a few years back because I got tired of looking at the crud. Ihad founda new (barely used)trike take off that looked oh so much better. Sosince I still I hadmy originalrear one lying around, I had that powder coated as well. This allowed me to still use my bikewhile they were getting done. So once I get the rear tire swapped and the new tire mounted, I will have a set of spares.I had planned on selling thembut that's not a bad idea. I am keeping the rotors and the driven flange though.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Pretty spiffy looking pw.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

pwhoever wrote:
You are not wrong. Ihad found a spare front at a decent price and had that powder coated. It wasweathered but in good shape otherwise.Then I had swapped out my originalrear a few years back because I got tired of looking at the crud. Ihad founda new (barely used)trike take off that looked oh so much better. Sosince I still I hadmy originalrear one lying around, I had that powder coated as well. This allowed me to still use my bikewhile they were getting done. So once I get the rear tire swapped and the new tire mounted, I will have a set of spares.I had planned on selling thembut that's not a bad idea. I am keeping the rotors and the driven flange though.
pwho...

You could be the start of something wonderful, a "swap out" of wheels used to cycle replacement wheels to be chromed or powder coated...

It would be ponderous to manage... but...

What would it cost to get your "cast offs" forwarded here?

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Excellent:applause:

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

Dan Kelly wrote:
They don't make centramatics for the 1500's yet

the silver was a good choice. Looks great

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

PW ...if you don't mind me asking... how much was the powdercoating? I'm trying to get the rear wheels of the trike done...and have no idea what it will cost. I plan to do the rim in silver (flake) and the large center hub in another color (black...red...?)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.