Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
imported post

Hey Mr. 1200,

Any idea if those rotor covers will fit a GL1100? I have an 83 and have not seen covers like yours before. I don't know how similar the 1100 and 1200 front assemblies are.

Jack

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

jsmith24 wrote:
Hey Mr. 1200,

Any idea if those rotor covers will fit a GL1100?
Hey jsmith24, :waving:I think you better read Mr.1200 mesg again. :whip: He answers your question there. :weightlifter:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
imported post

The last rotor covers i saw like them were secondhand and for sale on EBAY last year,they look better than the metal ones you can still buy for the 1100 and 1200s, I will post some pictures and details shortly of 1500 rotor covers fitted with r/of/firethat i have modded and fitted to my 1200 if it is of any interest to any of you.

They certainly look better than the metal ones with the metal calliper covers and should work out cheaper.

Here are the ones i fitted
http://www.saber-cycle.com/cart/shop.cgi/SID=1104778885.17856/page=product.html/product=335
also managed to fit the fender bracket as well to finish them off.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Redwing, I have the same covers on mine, with the exception of the lights on the front part. Here's what my covers look like on my '83.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Redwing, the first post says the ROF will fit the 1100 and 1200 rotor covers, not that the 1200 rotor covers will fit the 1100. Read it again.. I think any of the 1200 rotor covers will fit the '83 model, due to the similarities with the front end.

I also have some non-logoed caliper covers, just gonna wait to put them on when I paint the bike. Well, maybe...

Raymond

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Mr.1200 wrote:
Hi Jack Yes the outside diameter is the same as the 1200 covers..

I know a guy who just mounted the ROF on his 1100....I'll post a picture when I get it
Hey Silicon Sam, :gunhead: Read it again. :whip:

:crying: :18red: :crying:

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Redwing, read it again. The outside diameter (OD) is the same. Doesn't mean the inside portion of the covers are the same. Could have different cutouts for the calipers, speedo cable, etc.. JSmith wanted to know if the 1200 rotor covers would fit his 1100. Maybe not directly. I have pics of a guy that fit 1500rotor/caliper covers on an 1100. It can be done, but I wouldn't say they fit.

Rocky, unfortunately the covers came with the bike, although they were in one of the saddlebags. My brother did sayhe was the one thatpurchased them. I'll ask him next time I talk to him. He may not remember as it has been a few years.

Don't know about you, but those new stylerotor covers don't do anything for me.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Malc, send me the information on the 1500 covers. I have a set of nice ones, and I was wondering what it took to fit these to a 1100 or 1200. I have seen it done before, so I knew it could be done.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Alrighty then. I like the idea you did to your bike, and I'll do the same to mine someday. As soon as I make up my mind for the inner shining colors.

At one time I had considerd the 1500 covers, but I want my bike to look like an 1100, notall covered up like a 1500 is.

If only the companies making the newer style rotor covers hadn't of put that stripe on there, and left it flat around the edge...

Raymond

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
imported post

Raymond if you are still interested i will be taking some photos shortly of the covers and the modifications needed, not to much to it really if you can get hold of some metal for the brackets and bushes, the most fiddly bit is cutting the holes in the plasticso as to clear the callipers as they are mounted in a different place than the 1500,s.

I will try to post them in the next few days. Yours Malc.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

No hurry, I'll be out of town for a few days anyways. I'd be curious how you did it, and if I can find that old link of the guy who did the same thing, maybe I see what the deifferences are. I'll post the link here if I can find it.

Raymond

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Mr.1200 wrote:
Hi Jack...The Covers I have are no longer available,unless you see a set of used ones on ebay??
Considering the state of security on this forum it would be advisable to say "Hello Jack" as a salutation.;)

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Considering the state of security on this forum it would be advisable to say "Hello Jack" as a salutation.
What's taht all about, is Redwing the new security chief now? That would be more rare than a guru all right, though we don't want forum police deleting posts as I don't recall seeing a single flamer here that needs deleting.
I think Mr1200 did a great job on his 1200. Is that an 87 model you have? It looks very well minded, from what I can see of it. I've seen a 1200 with the 1500 rotor covers and it did look very nice, not out of place at all. Never thought of asking how easy or hard the job was to do.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

Nice work Mr.1200. The ROF adds a nice touch to a nicely kept GL1200. Noce to see good examples of classic Wings still being looked after. Is the rest of the bike as clean as the part we can see in the pictures?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.