Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of one of this forums longest and most active members in the early years, Silverfox. My story here on GWF.com started as many did, with the first post I made in 2006 being answered by Pete. He was always quick to help, welcome new members, and comment in general. We struck up a friendship immediately and then got to meet at the first NASSIR rally in Calhoun, GA in 2008. He and Helen stayed with me for a week and we became like family. The following year, Pete invited me over to join the UK rally in Pitlochry in May ‘09, and I’ve been making yearly trips over ever since. Pete and Helen managed to get over to us about every other year, including the NASSIR I hosted in ‘15. We have had many adventures in UK, Europe, and the US. I was best man at his wedding 5 years ago. I flew in to see him one last time, but sadly it was 2 hours after he passed. It was ok though, as we never left anything unsaid and always knew how we felt about each other.

There will be a funeral service on 10 March at 2:15pm GMT at the Surrey&Sussex Crematorium on Balcombe St. Motorcycles encouraged to attend.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
When the UK Goldwing Club first started, I first met my neighbour Pete, not locally but at my first GW International Treffen (Rally), in Belgium. That was 39 years ago and to my knowledge, that only leaves me, the sole survivor of what Pete would say "The Good 'ole days".
After just reading Seans post (above) and started posting this one, a big lump has come up in my throat.......
........sorry folks, I'll post again later.

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Rest well Pete! It was an honor to have met you and called you friend.

·
Premium Member
12,713 Posts
Sad news to hear a friend has passed. I also first met Pete and Helen at the first NASSIR event . He will be missed by the community.
RIP Pete . May the Lord have you in his fold . May your family and friends be comforted in this time of grief.

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
I too had the privelege to meet up with Pete and Helen at NASSIR 1 in Calhoun Ga. way back when. We went on a great ride led by " Wrongway " ,, Pete and helen and Huggy and I. We remained friends meeting up at the various Nassirs with the last one being In Edgefield S.C. He was a pleasure to behold. Very knowledgeable of the Goldwings and a great sense of humour. We will miss him dearly. RIP ol Fella. Till we meet again.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
For those here that knew Pete (Silverfox)
He was laid to rest today, surrounded by proud friends, proud to have known, such a proud man.
Rest In Peace Pete m8
Pete's farewell.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,769 Posts
I am so sorry. I have no idea how I missed this post. Pete and Helen were just so very nice to be around. I also met Pete at NASSIR 1 while lounging around Tom's patio in the evenings. And I got to enjoy their company again with Sean in Edgfield. Always joking, and always a pleasure to talk with. My deepest sympathy to Helen. Ride with the angels my friend, and let them lead once in a while...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts