Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've been riding since I was 6. I grew up near Lake Erie, my father bought and restored Mahagony planked cruisers and one day he came home with a Ruttman mini bike to put on the boat as a beer and grocery getter. I stole it two days later and he bought another knowing he'd never get the first back. My wife and I tried to list all the bikes I've owned but I'm sure we missed quite a few:

Ruttman mini (actually bought from Troy Ruttman)
Honda Z50
Honda CT70
Suzuki TS90
Suzuki TS125
Ducati 125
Penton 125 six days (three of them)
Kawasaki 500 Mach III (Yikes)
Kawasaki 750 Triple
Yamaha RD250
Yamaha 200
Yamaha RD350
Suzuki GS550
Suzuki GS500
Suzuki GS650
Suzuki GS750
Honda GL1000 (three of them)
Honda GL1200 (two)
Honda TL? 125 (Trials)
Honda CB125S
Honda CB400F (two)
Yamaha RD125?
Yamaha XS650 (FOUR of them)
Yamaha XS400
BMW R90/6
BMW R75/5 (two)
BMW R80/7 (two)
BMW R100GS (two, one of them three diff times)
BMW R100GS/PD (three)
BMW K75 (two)
BMW R1100RT
BMW R100R
Kawasaki KLR 650
Yamaha XT350
Yamaha XT600
Honda XR70
Honda NX650? (Big Enduro single)
Honda Transalp
Suzuki SV650
Honda CBR600F4i
Triumph Speed Triple
Suzuki DL650K5
Triumph Sprint RS
Honda CBR600F3
1998 Goldwing 1500SE
Still remembering...

Yamaha 650 Maxim
Honda CB750F
Aprilia RS50
Kawasaki Ninja 250
Suzuki GS500

So you can see that bikes have been a big part of my life. I've had the most fun and met the neatest people being around bikes most of my life. I'm an automotive engineer by profession, I have a great wife and three pretty cool daughters. My wife gives me a hard time about changing bikes so often once in a while - I just tell her to be glad I'm not that way about women. One of my favorite things to do is to pick out a spot on the map, use the net to find a B and B, ride there, walk around to get the local flavor, enjoy the B and B, eat a great breakfast with interesting company, and enjoy the ride home. Try it sometime. I combine that with 2-3 hour local rides, daylong rides and 3 or so track days a year. Me and a couple guys from Church take a 7 day trip every year. Last year we rode around Lake superior, this year we did the Blue ridge Parkway, Deals Gap, Cherahola, etc.
This years trip will be a week exploring twisty turny backroads in Ohio. Thanks for making me feel welcome here. Bob

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

Dang Bob, doesnt anybody make a bike you can stick with? :goofygrin:

Welcome to the best Wing forum in the world, everybody's freindly and helpful and REDWING must be sleeping right now or he would have said all this before me!

:waving::jumper::1000red::cooler::toast:

Oh wow, I just noticed I got promoted to "Active" ( oh wait im having Navy flashbacks again) :grinner:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Bob, call me sceptical if you like, but I'm not sure if you are taking motorcycling seriously enough!!!:doh:I have counted that list and you ONLY appear to have had 50 so far. How many do you tend to keep in the stable at any one time?

Actually, I don't think you are a very experience rider..... how could you be, you must have spent most of your spare time, buying, selling and filling out transfer of ownership forms!!:goofygrin:

To test your memory, which one did you have for the longest and importantly which one did you consider the best all round purchase?

I do assume that you haven't got them all still, because if you have I would like to visit the museum!!:D

To everyone else reading this, Bob I can tell you, is a very generous guy, having sent me his towing wiring free of charge, making me a very happy man. He is one of the best and I hope to repay his kindness before too long.

Are you sure you have them all counted there Bob, easy to miss a few I would have thought?:baffled:

Pete

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Hi my name is "Bob" and I'm a "Bikeaholic" !

HIBOB !!!:clapper:

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

No doubt it's some form of mental illness, but there's worse ways to go thru life. I like (most) of the people I meet along the way. I tend to buy bikes that need to be put back right. I enjoy the work, ride the bike for a bit to enjoy the results, and then tend to move on. I think a recent Suzuki DL650 vstrom was the closest I came to a more lasting relationship. Several airhead BMW's I vowed to keep forever - forever was pretty short. I have enjoyed them all.
Given the kind of touring we've done the past few years this GL may be around a while.

Bob

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

You have to keep the GW or you'll miss us over here !

How come people love those V-Stroms so much, I don't think they look that nice , must ride great I guess?!:baffled:

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Bob, the only thing I think I see that you haven't owned is a Harley. Please whatever you do, do not trade in the GW for a Harley. People who do that face the curse of Hogzilla, who will see to it that you live with a stained driveway, loose nuts, sore butt, and loss of hearing for the rest of your life. Keep the GW and do not go to the dark side!:cooldevil:

Gene:whip::11red::11red::11red::11red::gunner2:

BTW, I was on the dark side, but I was saved:angel2:.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Harrystoy wrote:
Oh wow, I just noticed I got promoted to "Active" ( oh wait im having Navy flashbacks again) :grinner:
I'm happy for you, it's so much better than having an inactive member.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I don't know..........the DL650 was a surprising bike. Best suited for 45 - 60 mph backroad touring with the occasional dirt road thrown in. Quick, excellent handling, smooth. I added a Corbin seat and 42L topbox. Had some inherent problems - windshield too far away, no effective windshield solutions. I'd have kept it but needed the cash to help with the GL. Bob

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey rkjjeep :waving:Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:Thats a very impressive list of rockets, :gunner2:but i dont see the R1, R6, K1200LT, or the Rolls Royce herself :18red:eek:n the list. :stumped: I see my little mate 2ndon the list. :clapper:

:shakehead: :18red: :shakehead:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
Hey rkjjeep :waving:Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:Thats a very impressive list of rockets, :gunner2:but i dont see the R1, R6, K1200LT, or the Rolls Royce herself :18red:eek:n the list. :stumped: I see my little mate 2ndon the list. :clapper:

:shakehead: :18red: :shakehead:
Hey Redwing, A little bike fairy has whispered in my ear, and I can guarantee that rkjjeep, will have one more bike to report as in his stable within 2--3 weeks, you mark my words on this!!;)Don't bother quizing him on it as he doesn't even know about it himself!!!!:hovering:

Pete

Pete

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Harrystoy wrote:
I'm happy for you, it's so much better than having an inactive member.
Thats no kidding! Thank's!

Heck at the rate im going im doing more typing than riding, may end up being "very active" before to long!

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Harrystoy wrote:
Oh wow, I just noticed I got promoted to "Active"
Hey Harrystoy :leprechaun: Congrats on your promotion. :clapper:Keep up the good work.

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.