Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a set of road pegs that have HONDA on them, and having a time finding where to mount them on the case guards. I have them on the lower bar. I have moved them foward and rear, but can't get them in a position that feels right. I have problems with the way the rear of the case guards curve out, it is killing the side of my legs. Am I not putting them on the right bar?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Yes, you are but those are the worse designed case savers I've ever seen. Since I have such short legs and bad hips I found I got some relief by putting them on the top rail. On the bottom rail those turn outs were killing my legs.

Now if you can get a set of an 80 you might have better luck with them as they go straight back without the turn out.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Figures........I like the boards that my Dad has on his 1200. It has a bracket that goes between the case guards and the boards fold out....those are great, but I can't find any on the net.......may have to trade with him next time I'm down at his place:cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

I studdied my 82 1100 because of this problem. What I came up with will work but I sold the wing before I built them.

I used a piece of 10 mm rebar as a template. It went just above the oil filter, (Going by memory) & that is where it would mount against the frame. As it comes out both sides, you begin to bend the rebar to shape it to the front of the bike & engine covers. You bend it until you are happy with its location to bolt on your riding pegs.

Than you can fabricate your new bar out of what ever you like. I was going to use 1 inch square tube steel or aluminum because you can cut & weld all your angles.

Those engine guards are a real pain!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.