Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ms. UBarW and I hopped aboard Bargoyle and road the backroads due west till we bumped into the ocean. Pacific that is... Lunch in Reedsport, a walk on the beach. Roadie back. Boy the hiway was hot. It was 92 degrees over there. The patches of shade sure were welcome...

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Here's Ms. UBarW on what was her private beach for a shortwhile...

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

We were hoping to see "Bargoyle" and the "MS.", geesh !!!:baffled:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Can do!

We have been married for 23 years this September 10. Patti is her name. Her butt is a bit sore today-she's still in "break-in" on Bargoyle. Last bike was 14years ago...

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

UBARW, nice pics of a fine bike and a fine Mrs UbarW, are you sure your brain wasn't fried by all that sun? Hardly believe that young lady is old enough for 23yrs of wedded bliss, did you marry her straight out of the pram?:goofygrin::baffled:

Glad you had a good ride out, it's what life is all about. You will have to buy Patti one of those gel thingies, for her seat, can't have her suffering.

Pete

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

It's been 21 years since I saw Reedsport. I don't remember it looking as good as that, however.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Hotter'n the hinges of Hell here today, got up to 95F with a good bit of humidity. Too hot to wear a jacket, got a bit of sunburn, sweated like a pig in my helmet and LOVED every damn minute of it!

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

exavid wrote:
Hotter'n the hinges of Hell here today, got up to 95F with a good bit of humidity. Too hot to wear a jacket, got a bit of sunburn, sweated like a pig in my helmet and LOVED every damn minute of it!
I think it hit 101 here today. I didnt ride till after dinner, but I am planning on wingin' it to work tomorrow.

People at work are snickeringat me. You know the farmers tan, right? Well, I am getting a bikers tan... I have been wearing some padded bicycle gloves when its warm. There is an oval space on the top where the hand is exposed. Also, the top of the glove is a mesh. So my tan lines look like an oval with a checkerboard pattern surrounding.

Someone at work suggested a tattoo on each that would show through. The two suggestions that have come are "left and right", and "clutch and Brake". Everyone's a comedian.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Sounds to me that the sunburn is serious, as a doctor, I prescribe two days off work and some more riding with proper gloves on, dipped in ice cold water every half hour.:clapper:

Of course I am actually a builder, so I prescribe making a fortune and retiring young and spending years riding:clapper::clapper::clapper:

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
exavid wrote:
I think it hit 101 here today. I didnt ride till after dinner, but I am planning on wingin' it to work tomorrow.

People at work are snickeringat me. You know the farmers tan, right? Well, I am getting a bikers tan... I have been wearing some padded bicycle gloves when its warm. There is an oval space on the top where the hand is exposed. Also, the top of the glove is a mesh. So my tan lines look like an oval with a checkerboard pattern surrounding.

Someone at work suggested a tattoo on each that would show through. The two suggestions that have come are "left and right", and "clutch and Brake". Everyone's a comedian.
I can sympathize with both the heat and the tanlines. I've been riding in 100 degrees plus F for a week and a half now. There have been days when I take my helmet off and swear will actually drip from my pads. I need to wash them as they are starting to develop their own personality and it's been suggested that it's nicer than my own...

Also, I wear a gauntlet-style leather work glove and since it covers my hands to just past my wrists my arms are browned from just below my shoulders down and my fat hands look like I am wearing Mickey Mouse gloves...

Ruaidh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.