Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok,,,, so it's dang cold out and I'm bord. This is a picture/video of my trip out west. It is of all the roads I traveled. It may seem a bit boring because it is only the roads in front of me with just a few exceptions. But I think it can give folks that haven't been out there, an idea as to what you see.

I have,probably 20-30 pictures between each picture you'll see. So beleive me when I say,,,,, it is just a tiny fraction of what I saw.

Alright,,,,,,, enough of me trying to explain myself (cause it can't be done anyway):)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=70CW4s3aF1k

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

Great job! I love this kind of stuff. Liked the tunes and the pictures a lot. I also was very interested to see some places I will be seeing on our upcoming trip this coming July.

Thanks for sharing - I bet it was a blast and you would go do it again right now if you could!!! :cool:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,205 Posts
imported post

Great stuff, I love watching other rider's pictures and videos of their trips.

It really means a lot to me while I am sidelined and unable to straddle a bike until the docs and lawyers let me.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Good job, Winger! :bat:

Can't wait to do the actual 'ride'. :goofygrin:
Looks like you're mastering Windows Movie Maker after all! ;)

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks guys, I have doing them. I guess it's a way for me to relive the moment. And YES,,,,,,,, I would do it again in an instant,,,, and I will one day. Hope it's this Sept.

Dusty,,,,,,,,,,, movie maker is getting a little easyer,,,,, but there are some touchy features that kept making me go back a do over. Towards the end I got the hang of it,,,,,,,,,,,,,(isn't that how it always happens):grinner:

Anyway,,,,,, I plan to do another,,,,,,,, it was an adventure going home too;).

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

Very nice, Winger !! Pennsylvania boy makes good !!

Did you have a hard-point on your bars, or on the fairing for your camera ??

That REALLY makes me want to get the hell out of here. :)

·
Premium Member
63,096 Posts
imported post

That was great Thank You for sharing..........

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Good stuff, Winger.... and thank you......

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

The snow reminded me about riding the motorcycle through Donner Pass in mid May 2005. 30deg F and snow. But it was 80deg F in Reno 30 minutes earlier!

Seriously, alot of roads can be closed even in June out there due to snow (as I saw along the road in the video).

Nice video, thanks.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Wingnumberone, first of all,,,, glad you liked it, and I know what you mean about wanting to get out of here.

I use a RAM mount for the camera. It's mounted to the clutch side on the bars. Works excellently.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

Nice Winger77, I remember waiting to meet you outside of Topeka with tybme when you decided to 'outrun' that storm instead. Good decision, there.

Me & Olive Oyl decided to go on a 5 day ride & ended-up on the other side of the continental divide in Northern CO, just a few days after you breezed through here. We'll catch you on your next trip.

Here'sa pic of that storm you outran, just before I headed home. A bit typical for Kansas.

Attachments

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

HOLY WOW :shock:popeye,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, did you take that picture yourself?????

I know it looked like a bad storm brewing, but I didn't know it turned into that.

Kansas really put some manners on me when I crossed it. Shortly after I got away from that storm, I was still tooling along at 75-80 mph. All of a sudden a gust came out of nowhere and put me into the other lane. Luck was with me cause there were no oncoming traffic at the time. The thought of it made me stay very much more alert.

And then the next day I left out of Great Bend Ks. and it rained a little,,,,,,,,, then followed by a cross wind that taught me what it is like to ride on one side of my tires all the way. Not something I want to do again,,,,,, but the experience was something I'll always cherish. Cause I love telling people back here about it and see the looks on thier faces. And they might ask " would you do it again"?

Answer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, IN A HEARTBEAT;)

·
Premium Member
5,223 Posts
imported post

Winger77 wrote:
I use a RAM mount for the camera. It's mounted to the clutch side on the bars. Works excellently.
What is a ram mount? I am planning a trip from Fort Wayne,Indiana to Las Vegas to San Diego and back home again to Indiana in July.

Working on all the electronics (camera, gps, cell phone) charger cords at this writing.

Gathering up the important parts (plugs, filters, brake pads, timing belts, etc) for the mid summer service.

I also can't wait to get the heck outta Fort Wayne!!!:action:

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

Kansas is like anywhere else, you get used to it. I'm recently from the north myself [MI].

Funny about that pic, the guy just mowed his lawn & then, that "Hoover" came down & sucked up his riding mower. :rollingeyes:

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
imported post

Great slide show. Thanks for sharing them.:waving:

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

Hey Winger77, glad to see the pictures. Edie and I enjoyed riding with you from Kansas into Colorado .... the picture beside the Welcome to Colorado sign looks real familiar....:) I think I've seen you there ....;)

Glad you enjoyed your trip through the mountains, the slide show makes me want to get back on the bike and ride today....can't its snowing at the moment:p

Henry and Edie

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Hey Henry, good to see you on here. I'm not too good at expessing myself in words so I have to let the pictures do it for me. I also enoyed our time riding together, even if it was in the rain and wind.

Hang in there, spring is getting closer and we'll be able to get more pics.:grinner:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.