Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Probably opening a can of worms here. What is the best route to take to Montrose from Vancouver? Is it mainly Interstates? How high is Montrose? I hope to make the journey but I have been having an inner ear imbalance on and off for a while and hopefully it won't come back before the trip.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Colm, your quickest and most direct route is by Interstates. - http://tinyurl.com/mvty4l

According to Google maps, the trip is about 2,109km – about 20 hours 16 mins if you stick to the speed limit all the way and you won't get to see/experience much of the areas you will be passing through, never mind all the inattentive cagers and masses of 18 wheelers on them. :shock:

I can work out a couple of options for you, if you like. :baffled:

How much time off will you have in advance of the actual event, :?because alternative routes will definitely take you longer, but will be more relaxed and scenic. :action:

Montrose sits at an elevation of 5759'/1755.3m

Cheers, Ken

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

If you have more time, there is this route(2,585 km - about 1 day 9 hours) that involves less Interstates and is a pretty fair compromise as it is quite scenic.

[align=center]OR ....
[/align]

[align=left]My suggestion if you have the time, would be this one http://tinyurl.com/lrqx4u
(1781mi/2866km 1 day 12 hours riding time) as it is very scenic and not too much in the way of traffic! :cooler:

[/align]

[align=left]Dusty[/align]

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Thanks Dusty, you have given me a lot to think about. All great routes. I know the interstates are busy but you can really shorten the distance riding them but as with the autoroutes and autobahns in Europe you have to keep your eyes peeled.

I will have about two weeks or so, I may take an extra few days to see my cousin in Berthoud if he's available.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

When I was VERY young we traveled west & there were no interstates. Rt. 30, Rt. 6, Rt. 66 etc. were all there were.
Since the SLABS were laid few venture off the thing.

One suggestion:

Ride the interstate till you see some country that looks nice & take those old roads near to and paralleling the freeway. The scenery might be the same but the old time feel you WILL enjoy. It's a slower pace & time to stop & really look & walk around at whats there. Anytime your tired of the scenery (heaven forbid) your just minutes away from SLAB'N it again.

I've done it several times & the folks along those older MAIN roads are very happy to see you again. They do wave a lot so get your "Queen Liz wave"ready. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.