Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
roadsmith trike rear tank not feeding carbs with fuel cap off, new fuel filter\\found that if you don't top off the tank, it feeds ok. can't find the vent tube. its suppose to be on top of the fuel neck. ran the bike with the gas cap off, no help.at times i can go a mile , other times 1000 feet before it quits. other times it will be ok running off of the rear tank for a week. bike ridden daily 10-15 miles. it has a new fuel transfer valve. connections cleaned & dielectric greased.

·
Premium Member
5,725 Posts
roadsmith trike rear tank not feeding carbs with fuel cap off, new fuel filter\\found that if you don't top off the tank, it feeds ok. can't find the vent tube. its suppose to be on top of the fuel neck. ran the bike with the gas cap off, no help.at times i can go a mile , other times 1000 feet before it quits. other times it will be ok running off of the rear tank for a week. bike ridden daily 10-15 miles. it has a new fuel transfer valve. connections cleaned & dielectric greased.
I think some pictures and maybe a link to the tank will help get more replies. I did a little search and found out that at least some of the tanks )maybe all???) are meant to transfer fuel when the main tank gets low. It was never meant to run the bike normally.

https://goldwingdocs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31787

Auxiliary Fuel Tanktank
Our unique auxiliary fuel tank was the first of its kind 15 years ago. We figured since we had the extra space above our differential, why not utilize it? Now we can offer you an additional 5 gallons of fuel on board. It's not that the Roadsmith gets bad gas mileage, typically 3-5 mpg less than the motorcycle, but on those long trips it's worth the peace of mind just to know you have extra fuel.

To fill the rear tank, remove the chrome fuel cap on the left side of the body and fill it just like the front tank. No need to wait for fuel to transfer SLOWLY to the extra tank. To use the fuel in the auxiliary tank, drive until the low fuel light comes on. Then simply flip the toggle switch while driving and the fuel will transfer from the rear tank up to the bike's original tank. When all the fuel is pumped out of the rear tank, it shuts itself off.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not to disagree, but i think your advice is for newer ones as my rear tank feeds the engine.\thats what the roadsmith site says.

i have the older HT model.

·
Premium Member
5,725 Posts
not to disagree, but i think your advice is for newer ones as my rear tank feeds the engine.\thats what the roadsmith site says.

i have the older HT model.
I bet you are right. I have no experience but noticed you had no response so I did a little looking on the internet thinking I might be able to help. I tried. :wink2:

·
It aint rocket science
3,814 Posts
not to disagree, but i think your advice is for newer ones as my rear tank feeds the engine.\thats what the roadsmith site says.i have the older HT model.

Got a link to your info? One would think that a tank behind and presumably lower than the rider would have a pump involved somewhere in the equation?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, but gonna make sure the elec circuit is solid and R&R the switch.
mine has 9 gal aux tank. at roadsmith.com. ht1500 kit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts