Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

While knocking the rocker arm shaft out of the camshaft housing I accidentally hit one of the side plugs. :whip: It got loosen so I pulled it out easily with screwdriver. Now I am not sure which would be the best way to re-fix it? Some "Loctite" glue maybe?
I wouldn't like it fallen out later....camshaft would loose the lubrication, plug itself could crush something:shock: ....no thanks!
So, loctite or some other way? Thanks! :waving:

·
Administrator
26,566 Posts
imported post

I would try to hammer it to swell it so it would fit tight again and drive it back in maybe with some JB weld or other glue that would take the temperature.

·
Administrator
26,566 Posts
imported post

Remembering how to do things. Get the shaft hot and the plug cold after you swell it to get a tighter fit.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Whatever that link is screwed my computer up good! I had to restart it and it did some checks that I have never seen it do before????

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

your computer is probably too slow and so your connection that hanged up on you while loading a pdf file

i can see it just fine.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I don't know, it works OK from my comp as well! It's a pdf document ("Loctite 603" product description). Maybe you have troubles opening pdf files as William said?

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,761 Posts
imported post

It opened just fine for me but I can't make heads or tales of the charts and descriptions.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,761 Posts
imported post

It took me a while to figure out what was on your gas tank in that picture. It's a helmet hanging on the handlebar, right?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Bike...and Dennis wrote:
It took me a while to figure out what was on your gas tank in that picture. It's a helmet hanging on the handlebar, right?
Yes, just a helmet:smiler:
How did you manage to brighten the picture that nice??

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,761 Posts
imported post

The New Owner wrote:
Bike...and Dennis wrote:
Yes, just a helmet:smiler:
How did you manage to brighten the picture that nice??
Nothing to it. If you have the full size image, PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address. I can fix it too.

That pic is in Yugoslavia? It looks like Portland, Oregon.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Well, maybe I might make a tour to Oregon with the bike once....:) It's pictured in town of Novi Sad in Serbia (ex Yugoslavia), in front of a friend's house. PM sent, thanks!

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Update:
Done with Loctite 603. I warmed up the end of the shaft to some 80 degrees of Celsius and put the glue only at the plug and then inserted the plug in the shaft and lightly knocked it in. It went in easy and got hardly stuck as soon as few minutes later. No detectable leaking. Job done!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.