Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have one of those 4 rocker switch covers on my clutch master cycliner. No clue what the switches do No mention if it the ownners manual so I assume its an aftermarket acessory.What would they be switching.

Wilf

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Which bike of yours is this - and is there a way you can share a photo??

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

Yep they are aftermarket add ons....not sure what they would do. Does you wing have any extra lights added? You may just have to try them one at a time and see what happens.....

Hopefully one is not an ejection seat switch.....LOL.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
imported post

I had a double one on the brake side - they were turning on extra lights. I did notice that they were not wired into any relays - the lights were powered off the accessory circuit on the fuse box - not a good idea. If they are powering accessories, make sure they are in a fused circuit and if they are high power items like lights, they should be turning on a relay that then powers the lights directly from the battery. This will help keep factory wiring and plugs from overheating and causing problems as was the case with my Aspy.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

wilf wrote:
I have one of those 4 rocker switch covers on my clutch master cycliner. No clue what the switches do No mention if it the ownners manual so I assume its an aftermarket acessory.What would they be switching.

Wilf
Wilf if you have the time you could trace the wires from each switch to where they end. First as mentioned turn them on one @ a time. Also I have a gang block on mine just now but they are not hooked up to anything @ this moment in a couple of days I won't beable to say that. The PO may have installed the block but didn't get around to adding extra accessories. Good luck my friend. Angela:waving:

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

A riding friend has one on his Shadow. Goes between master cylinder and the master cylinders top. Controls his aux lights on the front. 3 of 4 switches are not used on his bike.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

They usually work aftermarket lights Wilf. Spot lights, fog lights etc. Some owners fit the switch bank for looks only and don't connect them to anything.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

They are very popular for extra lighting Wilf. A lot of us this side of the pond use them for switching on/off accessory light bars, LED lights under the Wing etc.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

I got one of those on my right brake master cylinder. It has 4 lighted switches, so far I onnly have one connected and it operates the twin lights on my driving light bar under the fairing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.