Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I went helmet shopping today, which took me to a shop that handles the Triumphs. They had two of those Rocket III's sitting there. 800 pounds. When you sit on it, the tank looks about 18" across. Very cool bike, with a nice riding position.

I am heading out this weekend to get my wing, and bring it home. I am sooooo eager....

G

·
imported post

ubarw wrote:
I went helmet shopping today, I am heading out this weekend to get my wing, and bring it home. I am sooooo eager....
Hey ubarw :waving: The best of good luck with your new wing. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

I've has a good close look at the Rocket III and Frankly I think its awful.

They are huge, big clumpy things. Very fast in a straight line but here in NZ there aren't that many straight lines. Fir my money if you want to go fast get a Hyabusa for all other needs you still can't get past a wing.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

I saw one at the local Triumph dealer... pretty ugly in my opinion. The Honda RuneIgot to take a close look at is a much prettier bike.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

I just got back with the wing. I got to ride it about 60 miles before I loaded it. A beautiful 65 degrees, sunny, 9:00 am. My son on the back. NICE ride!

It trailered nice. We found a place where the back of the trailer was at hill height, and I just rode it on.

Dangit, its good to be back on two wheels.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:
I saw one at the local Triumph dealer... pretty ugly in my opinion. The Honda RuneIgot to take a close look at is a much prettier bike.
Rune needs a different rear fender!

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
axelwik wrote:
Rune needs a different rear fender!
Yeah, I agree... that's the part of the Rune I like the least, but it's the only cruiser-type bike I'd ever buy (if I had $27,000 to blow!).

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The Rune has it's points, but the Valk would be a great bike if it had EFI instead of (horrors) six carbs!

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
The Rune has it's points, but the Valk would be a great bike if it had EFI instead of (horrors) six carbs!
I didn't know it had carbs instead of injection... Four is enough for me! Can you imagine trying to keep those things balanced?

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

I've talked to several Valk owners and none have had any carb problems ?!

The "Rocket 111" had a few bikes with the back wheel locking up ?!

Not a good thing on a bike that big and strong !

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
?!I've talked to several Valk owners and none have had any carb problems
They will.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
imported post

Well, I thoroughly like the Rocket III and the way Bloor has taken Triumph to new levels in motorcycling. The Rocket III is really a touring bike that was released as cruiser to infiltrate the American market (I say this was a mistake as Americans' are fickle on their American cruisers), but its forte will indeed be a tourer. It has all the goods to make an excellent tourer: POWER (beyond belief), shaft drive, heavyweight frame...simply clad the III in fairing, storage, lighting, and then proceed around the world.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.