Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

One of the advantages of retirement is not being tied to the weekend and what ever weather your lucky enough to get for a ride.

I usually check the weekly forecast and look for possibilities a few days in advance. Even so, I still end up with some rain, fog or wind that the weatherman didn't tell me about. There name needs to be changed to weather guessers. :p

Today was different ... the forecast for Branson was clear sunny skies with a high of 58. In Morrilton it was supposed to get up to 61. That looked perfect for a ride. So this morning I got up to 26 degrees and waited until 9:00a.m. before leaving. This time of year it is good to give the deer some time to settle down.

I went to Russellville and took hwy 7 to Harrison and from there took 65 on in to Branson. I had hwy 7 completely to myself. There were probably 10 vehicles running South between Dover and Jasper. It was a nice quiet ride.

Now, back to the weather. At 2:15 running South out of Bransonon hwy 65 the temperature was 64 degrees! :shock: The weather guesser actually got it wrong in my favor this time! :clapper:

BTW: Did not see a single deer anywhere!

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,657 Posts
imported post

Awesome ride report. Wish I had been there with you :action:

·
Administrator
26,156 Posts
imported post

:pYou lucky dog!!!!!! Some of us have to work.:p

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Davogd430 wrote:
:pYou lucky dog!!!!!! Some of us have to work.:p
Yeah! I was working to ... push right for that right hand curve ... then push to the left for thatleft hand curve ... all day long .... :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Grrrrrrrrrrr,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I was plowing and salting today.:cussing:

You really know how to hurt a guy.

·
Premium Member
61,401 Posts
imported post

Ah retirement,
You can go when you want and not worry about when you come back..............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.