Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Rode to Deals Gap with a brother and a friend. I on my 08 EGC, friend on his Ultra and my bro on his 08 KawaVulcaNomad. All three bikes ran perfectly and the ride was superb, weather cooperated and all had a good time. My brother, however, kept talking about getting a Goldwing..I suspect this time next year he will have one, just in time for the second trip. You guys will probably have another member soon.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Good for him, so when are you getting one?

I'll be up there in the area in 2 weeks, don't know if I'll ride the Dragon or not.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

Alright. Fun and not as bad as everyone makes it out to be if done properly. Will be up there this next Sat and Sun myself.Looking forward to another few rides through it and The Skyway.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
imported post

Just got back from that area. We were there for a week. Only rode the dragon once. But rode several roads across Tennesse and N. Carolina. Just as an outsiders opinion, I liked N. Carolina best.Reason a lot less traffic. Seems like there is always traffic in south eastern Tennesse. (Dollywood, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg)
These places drag so much traffic that there is always people coming and going. We are planning another trip there next summer. Looking at staying around Maggie Valley.
This year we stayed at Newport, Tennessee. Motel 6 there, very clean great rates. And good food in the area. Sagebrush steakhouse next door. If we can't get in somewhere at Maggie Valley nexy year, we will go back to Newoport. We are just wanting to be a little farther to the east. Away from the tourist attractions.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Glad you made the ride without incident! I sat on an 1800 this weekend-big mistake!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Gonna keep my Electra Glide, she ran perfect and..well, you can't beat the look. Nothing wrong with a Wing, they are great machines, just don't move me like my bike. I will enjoy checking out all the gadgets when my bro buys his. We stayed at the Days Inn in Maggie Valley, good rates, two of the nights were 54.00, the rooms were clean and every road around is great for riding. this is my third trip to the Dragon and I gotta admit, the mystique has worn off..i much more enjoyed the Cherohala Skyway..the dragon requires too much effort for me.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
Glad you made the ride without incident! I sat on an 1800 this weekend-big mistake!

Bernie
Aw, Bernie...... go ahead and do it! You know you want to! Just give your old bike to me.... Red and I will take good care of it......!

p.s. Red absolutely loves her Miata! Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.