Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of getting my 2005 Goldwing 1800 ready for the riding season. I opened the trunk and found bits of acorns and small pieces of fluff, indicating a mouse or chipmunk decided to move in during the winter.

I cannot figure out how the creature got in the trunk. There are no openings that I can see. The worrisome part is that rodents chew wiring insulation and if they got in the trunk, where else did they go.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
Hate to say it but check the air filter!!

that will give you a good chance to look around and see if there is anything chewed or more nest.

Reactions: Power Guy

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
459 Posts
If they got in the trunk, they probably found other places. Check under the seat and most of all the air cleaner.
Bounce fabric softener sheets seem to discourage the critters. And placing some moth balls around the bike helps.
There are commercially available repellents. Fresh Cab is one.

·
Administrator
25,730 Posts
A mouse can get into just about anything. Ever see one run full speed under a door with no more than a pencil size gap?

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
A mouse can get into just about anything. Ever see one run full speed under a door with no more than a pencil size gap?
Rodents are magical.
If their head fit through their body squeezes down and follows.:surprise:

·
Premium Member
5,117 Posts
Hate to say it but check the air filter!!

that will give you a good chance to look around and see if there is anything chewed or more nest.
What he said, what he said, what he said!!! Can't stress enough...if they got into the trunk, they ARE in other areas as well! Little bast$$ds will ruin an electrical system!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.