Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

TO the honda guys:

have you ever given consideration to using a horizontally opposed 4 and mounting it with the cylinders in the vertical plane.

If theres enough room it would have a lot of advantages; mass centralization, narrow width at rider, cornering clearance, still a horizontally opposed multi

re room it looks like it would fit if you used a humped up tank design like so many of the newer bikes to cover the upper cyl pair. Also tranny would be offset below the crank center to lower the center of mass. Fuel injection/electronics could be located over the tranny.

might have to get creative with exhaust routing.

oiling for the lower cyl pair might be a challenge, also seepage into lowers when parked.

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
imported post

I would imagine the CG going up. A dry sump with separate oil for the tranny. I can't picture it. There might be market rejection as well. Goldwingers are probably as fanatical abouttheir flat fours and sixes as the HD guys are about their V twins.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
imported post

Dont bother putting plugs at the bottom! I have a 2 stroke ultralight/microlight with inverted engine and i have to take the plugs out after every flight to avoid fuel/oil collecting in the top of the cylinder flooding the spark plug making starting very difficult if not impossible.
Alex

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
imported post

I'm thinking of putting my vertical sacked horizontal engine Motor Bike under a lead blimp and sailing along with with my Scottish brother sukhoi356. ..look out below Roderick Charles Mac Donald The 3rd

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
imported post

I have to pull radial engined airplanes thru before I go riding, I don't want to have to do the same to my bike.

and, having the crank and 2 cylinders that high in the air would make it a top heavy pig.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.