Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have purchased a set of rings of fire for my 97 GL1500 SE and need advice on how to remove my chrome rotor covers to enable me to do this

I have a Haynes manual and this is not much help or am I thick??? I can see there are two bolts on the bottom of the disk and the manual tells me there is a bolt on the top which I cannot see. Also how do I remove the piece that goes around the mud guard/ fender, if it needs to be removed. I am fairly new to Goldwings/biking any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Terry

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

The bolts at the top, on each side is connected to a clamp that holds the brake lines in place. They also go through the chrome rotors. Trace the brake lines to the top of the covers and you'll see the bolts.

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

Terry,

Ask this question on the Border Wings website and you will get local help. I never had a 15, but Paul Willis has had a couple and would probably have the time to give a hand.

Paul

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi terry you have to remove the front fender covers to get at the top bolt they just pull out take note of the way the brake line clamp it fitted before you remove same as you can fit it back wrong

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks everyone for your help got them off last night, hope to fit the rings of fire over the next few days.

Thanks again

Terry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.