Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently ordered chrome rotor covers from [email protected] and my friends say I got the wrong item. My order was for rotor covers for a '81 gl1100I but I received covers that fit a '84-'87 1200 or 83 Aspencade. does anyone know if these will fit my '81 1100I?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

i would give the company a call and see if they would fit or can be made to fit yours..

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
imported post

The 81 had a larger wheel, the covers you got might not fit without making brackets.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

A caution to those who would order from Chromeworld.com.

Even though they admit that their advertising for GL1100 rotor covers is misleading and that they will refund my purchase, they're insisting that I must pay for shipping of the order back to them. :baffled:

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

thank you, gentlemen, for your response. I'll be watching for more. I'd also like to know if anyone has a sorce for '81 GL1100I rotor covers, other than Chromeworld.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

It's not so much the size of the wheel that matters, it's the hole where speedo cable or sensor pokes through. There's not much difference between the cable type and sensor type, I don't know why they don't have a cover that's more universal.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Also the 83-84 rotor disk covers have an extra area cut out for the anti-dive unit the earlier 1100's don't have.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

sorry, no pics. I've already sent them back. It cost me twice to return what I didn't order than it cost them to send me. They won;t pay for return postage even when they make the mistake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.