Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I like the idea of the chrome wheel covers and I'm in a dilemma over whether to buy the cheap aftermarket plastic ones or the expensive steel Honda ones at 3 times the price. Are the Honda ones really worth the extra money?

G

·
imported post

GWEddie wrote:
I like the idea of the chrome wheel covers. Are the Honda ones really worth the extra money?
Hey GWEddie, :waving: NO. :jumper:

:weightlifter: :18red: :weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

The Honda ones are much overpriced all right, but they are very good quality. The Honda chrome lasts and lasts, whereas the Kury and cheaper covers jst go dull and the chrome scratches too easily even just cleaning the muck off the covers. I see many '01 gl1800s that have had the Honda covers fitted since then and they still look good as new. The cheap ones on the other hand you can see the brassy finish coming through the chrome after 18 months. There again, you can buy at least 2 sets of cheapos for the price of one Honda set...

G

·
imported post

Budegan wrote:
The Honda ones are much overpriced all right, The cheap ones on the other hand you can see the brassy finish coming through the chrome after 18 months.
Hey Budegan, :cheeky1:Wrong, ! ! :crying: I havethe Kuryakyn covers fitted just over two yrs and they are still like new. :clapper:Imight not be as fussy as the Wingnut, but I would not have any micky mouse parts on my :18red:the honda covers like all their parts are away over priced. :whip:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

I think the Kuryakyn chrome is better than most, but still way short of the Honda quality. I got the Kury boomerang frame covers (like the ones you see on the wingnuts bike) and the chrome is so soft that it marks too easily. The Honda chrome bits that are all beside the boomerangs (the side covers) are more exposed to abuse yet they stay unmarked on my machine. The chrome finish on the boomerangs is wavy and not smooth like the Honda side covers.I think you just can't beat the Honda chrome, but it's too darned costly and the Kuryakyn is the best of the rest and not a lot more expensive than other market, while still being much cheaper than Honda.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
imported post

Dave Silver had rotor covers for sale at NEC bike show they were chrome and for 1800 wing . tel no 01728 833020 email [email protected]

I think they were about £130 and honda line covers.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

That's not a bad price at all. I think it's double that in Ireland. Dave Silvers is always worth watching as he often gets stuff in at very good prices.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Big bike parts also do them with an amber light down at the end of the fork and they last ,,there are lots of cheap rotor covers out there and I had them on my 1500 for a long time and never faded ...I have kuryakyn ones on my 1800 and I find them excellent ..shop around ....Ciaran

G

·
imported post

GWEddie wrote:
I like the idea of the chrome wheel covers and I'm in a dilemma over whether to buy the cheap aftermarket plastic ones or the expensive steel Honda ones.
Hey GWEddie, :waving: You may have your dilemma sorted by now,:whip: if not the following figures might help you to get it sorted. :crying:Honda Front Disc Covers = £255.32stg whahh ! !plus shipping:baffled: the same covers with David Silver Spares, = £217.02stg. :stumped: plus shipping that includes 15% discount :( The Kuryakyn Chrome Covers cost $74.95 plus shipping with Sam at www.wingtoys.com :jumper:At those kind of prices I reckon youcould buy about6 sets of Kuryakyn covers. :weightlifter:This might help you make up your mind. :grinner:

:coollep: :18red: :coollep:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.