Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I replaced a blown engine several months ago. The carbs were never off of the bike. Timing is right on. The engine idles rough and hesitates under initial acceleration from a standing start. It also will occasionally pop and crack under deceleration with a closed throttle, almost like a backfire but not as severe. I raed symtoms of a faulty air cut-off valve the other day and they seem to match my symtoms. Does this sound right? I also talked to our local carb guy about a rebuild and he says $440 for labor pluse parts. Does this sound right?:baffled:

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
imported post

That crap on the price, I got a rebuild kit from the dealership for about 150.00 or something. Then pulled the carbs apart and took it in to get them sonic bathed, then rebuilt them myself in a few hours.

I screwed up the float settings but fixed that but it's pretty simple, if they've sat for a while they might be gummed up

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
imported post

the randakk kit contains very important o rings and seals that are not in any other kit that i'm aware of,i worked at a honda dealer and looked everywhere from every distributor and found nothing in his price range that contained everything he includes,even with my employee discount.
not to even mention the difference in quality.

randall has a list of rebuilders that use his kit,here's an example from pistol pete's site.no listing for 1200 but they likely rebuild them as well.

*Priced at $365.00 for the 75 thru 79 GL1000 carburetor set.
The Off Idle fix for the 75, 76 & 77 is $10.00 for the the entire carb set (A regular $40.00 value)
The 77 Jet Needle Fix is $10.00 for the entire carb set (A regular $30.00 value)
*Priced at $425.00 for the 80 thru 83 GL1100 carburetor set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.