Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The thread about my ride around Britain next year has attracted a lot of interest, in fact enough interest for some of us to be convinced into making it a Charity Sponsored ride.

The chosen charity is Cheeverstown House in Dublin you can see their website here Click Here, Chosen because they are a small charity helping a wide spectrum of people, based in Ireland and have a soft spot in Steve Saunders(wingnut) heart.

I have been joind by some co-conspirators, who are all well known to youhere on the board.

cbltech59 (Mark) in charge of corporate sponsorship......
Shrek Snr (Colin) having to do some grovelling but hoping to ride with us......
Siverfox (Pete) definatly not in charge of the GPS.....

The way we are attempting to raise money is threefold, Corporate Sponsorship, Selling T Shirts, and private sponsorship.

Corporate Sponsorship

We via Mark are trying to get each Bike sponsored, this is not for the running costs of the bike, this will be born by the rider. All Corporate sponsorship will go into the charity pot.

T Shirts

UBarW (Dick) has agreed to design a logo which with the help of Geordiemuppet we will have embroidered on a T Shirt and sell at a profit. The T Shits will be available worldwide. The profit will go to the charity pot.

Private Sponsorship

We will be asking for private donations / sponsorship.

I will be riding solo, so if anyone wants to bid for the pleasure of sitting on my rear seat please go ahead.

The Ride

Here is a more detailed look at the routewe plan to take, this ride is not designed to be an Iron Butt, but the mileages each Day are fairly long and as I intend to avoid the Motorways it is no way near the most direct routing.

Day One 549 Miles

A Home
B Liverpool
C SouthPort
D Preston
E Hellifield
F Kendal
G Keswick
H DumFries
I Kilmarnock
J Fort William
K Kyle of Lochalsh

Day Two 534 Miles

A Kyle of Lochalsh
B Ullapool
C Laxford
D Kyle of Tongue
E Thurso
F John Of Groats
H Brora
I Elgin
J Aberdeen
K Dundee

Day Three 460 Miles

A Dundee
B Kirkcaldy
C Lauder
D Shildon
F Thirsk
G York
H Grimsby
I Kings Lynn
J Ipswich

During Day 3 hope to have a Meet N Greet with Mr. Muppets gang but he may well be riding with us at this time, either way we are not doing so many miles today so we can stop and chew the fat around the Newcastle area.

Day Four 509 Miles

A Ipswich
B Chelmsford
C Chatham
D Sittingbourne
E Faversham
F Canterbury
G Dover
H Rye
I Newhaven
J Chichester
K Dorchester
L Ivybridge
M St Austell
N Truro
O Porthleven

Day Five (The run for Home) 439 Miles

A Porthleven
B Camborne
C Blackwater
D Bude
E Bideford
F Minehead
G Shepton Mallet
H Stroud
I Gloucester
J Abergavenny
K Dolgellau
L Home

We would welcome people to ride along with us on any of the days, so if we are passing through your area then please get in contact and nearer the time I'll let you know where and when to meet us.

Thanks for reading such a long post, details of how you will be able to sponsor us or purchase a T Shirt will be released later.

David, Mark, Colin and Pete

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

David, definitely keep us updated as to how we can support this ride from over the pond. What a gorgeous ride! Will the T Shirts/sponsorships be able to be purchased in USD or will we need to send a money order in GBP?

Nick

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

GoldWingPastor wrote:
David, definitely keep us updated as to how we can support this ride from over the pond. What a gorgeous ride! Will the T Shirts/sponsorships be able to be purchased in USD or will we need to send a money order in GBP?

Nick
It will be done via paypal I suspect, so currecy conversions will be automatic.

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

You will have to order on the official form when it is published just like everyone else...

I think Caroline might like a small....

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Anybody interested in my rear seat. I'll get mighty lonely riding on my own, you can even bring 3 of your own cd's to load the other 3 are for me....

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

Not certain yet, but Vasco and I may be joining you for the Scottish part of this trip. :)

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Geordiemuppet wrote:
Not certain yet, but Vasco and I may be joining you for the Scottish part of this trip. :)
That would be great Paul, Vasco can clean the bikes in the evening whilst we sample the local ale...

OK I am ducking now....:clapper:

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Below is the design that UBarW has done for the T Shirt logo, I am just getting the prices together and then I'll post the order form.

Many thanks UBarW you are a star.

Geordiemuppet is getting the prices from the same supplier that was used for the Welsh Meet N Greet so we know the quality of the goods is fantastic.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

tanygaer wrote:
Geordiemuppet wrote:
That would be great Paul, Vasco can clean the bikes in the evening whilst we sample the local ale...

Why are you ducking? Isn't that what you told me kids are for????

:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

cbltech59 wrote:
Why are you ducking? Isn't that what you told me kids are for????

:cheeky1::cheeky1:
Argh you see Mark I have met Vasco.... You ask DerekHendry, or Welsh Winger,

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

wannabe wrote:
tanygaer wrote:
Anybody interested in my rear seat. I'll get mighty lonely riding on my own, you can even bring 3 of your own cd's to load the other 3 are for me....
Auction it ???????
I probably will Karen... Nearer the time, to travel round britain on the fastest colour is a deal... would be possible for one of our cousins from across the pond to ride with me....

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

tanygaer wrote:
wannabe wrote:
tanygaer wrote:
Auction it ???????
I probably will Karen... Nearer the time, to travel round britain on the fastest colour is a deal... would be possible for one of our cousins from across the pond to ride with me....

mmmmmmmm...David.....my backseat is already taken....so they'll have to travel on the 2nd fastest colour with you i'm afraid....:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

The main point here is to raise money for a charity, as the economic squeeze hits us all it is going to be difficult for members to find money to donate, or to buy a T Shirt, but many small donations will add up to a large amount of money.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
imported post

tanygaer wrote:
Geordiemuppet wrote:

Thank you Dad

Yes, I will clean the bikes, but because of taxes and inflation and other money matters the price has been risen to £7 per bike. This includes a speical price for family, so dad I'll clean yours for £8.:cheeky1::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

vasco wrote:
Thank you Dad

Yes, I will clean the bikes, but because of taxes and inflation and other money matters the price has been risen to £7 per bike. This includes a speical price for family, so dad I'll clean yours for £8.:cheeky1::cooldevil:
I trust you will be donating so of your ill gotten gains to the charity Vasco, 50% ?

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
imported post

cbltech59 wrote:
mmmmmmmm...David.....my backseat is already taken....so they'll have to travel on the 2nd fastest colour with you i'm afraid....:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
Mark, you bought a GREEN bike???:cooldevil:

Hey, put me down for a 2XL(aka "Full sized man size") t-shirt.;)

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

wexy wrote:
Ya never mentioned the dates Mr Tanygear .:D

Can I do a poll like I did for the dates for nassir 2 ?:D:D:D:D:D:D
Ciaran, the dates is in the title...

but just for you....

12th - 16th June 2009

now please do a poll.... :cool::cool::cool::cool: