Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Anyone interested in tagging along? I will be riding the Goldwing from Hamburg, NY to Albany, NY Friday, August 19 and 21, 2011. I am going there alone and picking up my daughter who will meet me there from Boston, MA. And the Sunday taking her back.

Dennis

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Can't make the run, but I am curious, what route are you taking?

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I am just slabbing it on the 90. If I was going to pick her up in Syracuse I would have done 20 at least one way.

Depending how my butt takes it I might go south to 17 and across 86 to 88.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Sad thing is that if looks like Wendy and I are goin gto be out your way on Saturday, she found a couple yarn stores out that way. I was going to see if you and Buttonlady wanted to get together for lunch.

It's rare lately to have a weekend without kids that we can get away. A thought to offer you for the trip back though.

If you can pick her up and make it back to Syracuse to spend the night, take 81 north to 104 and take that east, catch the Seaway trail from there to home.

It's a great ride, but it does make it longer.

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Oh, I am making a round trip each day Friday and Sunday. I will actually be around Saturday. Sometime Saturday we might go out to the county fair. About 5 miles from here. Not staying overnight anywhere. Definitely try to contact us.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

Wish I could go with ya buddy, but it just isn't in the cards. I'm on midnight shift right now so Fridays out, and Sunday is my granddaughters second birthday. Have a safe trip.:waving:

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
imported post

D-Rod wrote:
Anyone interested in tagging along? I will be riding the Goldwing from Hamburg, NY to Albany, NY Friday, August 19 and 21, 2011. I am going there alone and picking up my daughter who will meet me there from Boston, MA. And the Sunday taking her back.

Dennis
I would have like to have gone with you but My grand son will be a year old Sat , My daughter is having a B day party for himonSat . Sunday My wife and I will be getting ready to go to montauk for 5 days ,leaving Monday morning around 7 am or so ( taking the bike of corse ). I would have liked to havejoined you and shakehands , Well maybe next time. I'm always up for a good long ride !SAFE RIDE AND GET HOME SAFE !!!

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

I take it your daughter is going to college in Boston, a friend of mine went to B.B.C. East in Hyde Park in Boston. I do miss going there, traveling the Freedom Trail, The John Hancock building, Quincy Market, there was always something to do.

·
Premium Member
7,133 Posts
imported post

D-Rod is on his way.:waving: He got on the road at 9:15. The weather looks great!
Our daughter's bus gets into Albany from Boston at about 4:00. They will grab something to eat, possibly see my brother if he is out of work, then head home.

Richard - she went to school in Boston at Wentworth Institute of Technology. She graduated and is now an Architectural Engineer.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Which rout did he finally decide on?

All highway that has no scenic views and cost money (but is faster)or the more leisurely and scenic route 20?

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

Rt 80 is a very nice ride too between Cooperstown and Rt81. It runs parallel to and south of Rt20. Rt20 to is a nice ride but the Madison Bouckville Antique show is going on this weekend and it is very slow going thru there at this time. (That is south of the Rome-Oneida area on the T-way.)

Richardrwg- is Patchwork Plus on your list of yarn shops? (http://www.patchworkplusquiltshop.com/) It is directly across from my shop on Rt20 east of Skaneateles. They have tourists from all overcoming to visit their shop, and they are great neighbors too.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Where is your shop in Skeneateles??

We have family in the Syracuse area and we generally stay in Marcellus when we go there....... and of course there is always Dougs. All I get anymore is the Scallops however, they seemed to have changed over the years. The fish on a fish sandwich is actually bigger than the fish is on a fish dinner.......

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

Hello Jobe05

Where in Marcellus do you stay? There are no hotels...someones home presumably. My shop is at 2533 Cherry Valley Turnpike Marcellus. That's what the post office calls it but it is actually Rt's 20 and 174. We are about 3-4 miles south of the village of marcellus and about 4-5 miles east of the village of Skaneateles.

Doug's is our all time favorite. There is one in Cortland too, it is not uncommon to find an empty Doug's milk shake cup in the passenger cup holder of the big wing on Saturday morning.

So how often do you get up this way and do you ride the bike up?

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

We stay at my Brother in-laws house, Tim Sweet, he lives on Bradly street. Then there's my sister in law Mahala O'Neil that lives there also, has for many years. We were just up there about a month and a half ago. My wife's sister had passed away and they had the memorial service there in Marcellus.

Then I have a sister that lives in Auburn. I use to work for the Wide Waters Group (Pyramid Brokerage) years ago and Joe Scaderi has a place on east lake road that I use to take care of.
We haven't rode the bike up yet, would like to but probably not till next year.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

Oh yes I think I met Tim some years ago while we were installing a sound reinforcement system in the Presbyterian Church in Marcellus. I am a sound and technology contractor.

I don't know Scaderi but I know some of the other Pyramid Partners. Our company used to do audio, intercom and some surveillancework for some of the founding partners of Pyramid.

We should sing a few bars of"It's a small world" you want harmony or melody?

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Tim also ran for Mayor about 8 years ago or so...

It is a small world....... someday I want to discover a lot more of it.

I'll stop in next time Im up there, your only a couple of miles up the road.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

Yes do that- I'm David May and you can PM me here when you are going to be around. Another forum member lives on NW Townline Rd, he goes by Elvisskan (Dave Michel), real nice guy- works at Skaneateles School.

·
Premium Member
7,133 Posts
imported post

D-Rod and our daughter, Michelle made it back here safe and sound on Friday night.

Saturday, we met up with some forum friends Richardrwg and his lovely wife Wendy and went to the Erie County Fair. We had a great time and the weather was great.

Today, D-Rod & Michelle headed out for the trip back to Albany amid rain drops. It really poured during the night, but seems to have passed. I just hope it is not in the direction they are going. Albany weather for later today calls for hail. Keep your fingers crossed they have a safe trip.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.