Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

With Eureka Springs not being too far from Route 66 is anyone traveling parts of the remaining road to or from NASSIR 5?

·
Premium Member
4,211 Posts
imported post

Hummm. . .
Not a bad idea. Since most folks live rather close maybe meet somewhere distant on Rt 66 and all ride in NASSIR together?

( I'll have to record some loud hardley sounds for my CD player )
:D

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
imported post

FM wrote:
Hummm. . .
Not a bad idea. Since most folks live rather close maybe meet somewhere distant on Rt 66 and all ride in NASSIR together?

( I'll have to record some loud hardley sounds for my CD player )
:D
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: actually that was my plan for the location of NASSIR 5........yeah, right! I certainly didn't want to host it in Kansas because there is nothing here!

Actually, the Route 66 idea is awesome! I wish I would have thought about this when we travel away from Kansas to attend events. :claps::claps::claps:

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

My wife drove through Kansas a few years ago and liked it . Is that grounds for divorce?

·
Premium Member
4,211 Posts
imported post

nobbie wrote:
My wife drove through Kansas a few years ago and liked it . Is that grounds for divorce?
Bad tasting COFFEE is GROUNDS for divorce.

Bah-Dah DUMP!

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
imported post

Sounds neat, but not for me. I work a couple of hundred yards from a stretch of old 66. It is a bone jarring ride. The pavement is heaved up and it pounds you about every 10 feet. I am sure in different places it is much better. but in central Illinois it is rough.

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Ghost Rider 2 wrote:
Sounds neat, but not for me. I work a couple of hundred yards from a stretch of old 66. It is a bone jarring ride. The pavement is heaved up and it pounds you about every 10 feet. I am sure in different places it is much better. but in central Illinois it is rough.
I wonder if 66 is best remembered like the cutie you had a crush on inhigh school. You remember sweet 16 but when you see hertoday you realize she's over 60 and 60 over.

The guide book I'm reading tries to build the road up but a lot of the captions under the photos are about things that used to be there.

Secondly a lot of the nostalgic spots are restaurants and motels. I can only eat and sleep so much.

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
imported post

If you are wanting to ride some of Old 66 that is still good. Coming down thru Illinois. Exit at Dwight exit 220 then ride south to Towanda For 55 south exit 171. Get back on Interstate 55 there. That section is still pretty nice shape. As you go south from there 66 starts getting rough.

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
imported post

nobbie wrote:
Len.....your wife must not like trees!!! :ROFL:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

There's more trees in KS (especially eastern KS) than there is in the TX and OK Panhandles!!! :shock: Now that's flat, barren and desolate country there! :waiting:

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Flyone wrote:
nobbie wrote:
Len.....your wife must not like trees!!! :ROFL:
I figure the poorest man in Kansas is a leaf rake salesman.

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.