Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1983 GL1100A Aspencade fuel pump has a connection for one end of the RPM cable. With a digital dash where does the other end go?

·
Premium Member
12,685 Posts
Butch , I just took a look at my 83 Aspy. The digital dash must get its signal from the ignition . The fuel pump housing on the Aspy is blank aluminum where you would find the tach drive on a Standard/Interstate model. I' try and follow thw wire path on the schematics . If I can sort that out I'll report back . But there is no mechanical tach drive on an 83 Aspy.

·
Premium Member
12,685 Posts
Butch , as best I can follow the schematic with a magnify lens it goes as follows. Each Spark unit has a Yellow wire out . at a mini plug one continues on and splits. One side to coil as Yellow, the split goes to tach as Y/G .
the second spark unit ,Yellow turns to Bu/Yellow at mini plug. Splits and goes to mini plug ahead of coil, turns to Bu going to coil. The split goes to the tach as Bu/Y.

the opposite ends of the coins primary side are connected together by a Bl/Y . I hope this is some help to you .

·
Premium Member
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Butch , I just took a look at my 83 Aspy. The digital dash must get its signal from the ignition . The fuel pump housing on the Aspy is blank aluminum where you would find the tach drive on a Standard/Interstate model. I' try and follow thw wire path on the schematics . If I can sort that out I'll report back . But there is no mechanical tach drive on an 83 Aspy.

But my fuel pump has a mechanical in/out drive.

·
Premium Member
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is what I think has happen: I have 3 GL1100 fuel pumps. One base has no out put for Tach and two have the out put. I have the wrong base on the fuel pump for the Aspencade. I've tried the other two fuel pumps and they leak. So I order a new (OEM) fuel pump for the 83 Aspencade. Thank you all for your help. I will report back when the new one is in.

Butch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.