Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
Monk see you at 930 Wed morn at first exit if that is still the plan. Good I'll go fishing tomorrow.
If you can get there closer to 9:15 it will be more likely that we can meet Dave on time. But if not, we will get there when we get there! :smile2:

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Home at 4 o'clock. I had a nice time thanks to Jim ( Red Bud ) for lunch. Hope all make it home safely. Larry, pleasure seeing you and Monk again. DaveO430 well you know who you are. LOL

·
Administrator
25,350 Posts
Had a good ride, and a good meal. 402 smiles.

·
Administrator
58,748 Posts
Home! at 5:20

What a wonderful day I had, seeing all of you again, even if you guys were an hour late :rofl:

Jim, Redbud was a fantastic experience for me.... we have so many parallels in life, ham radio since we were kids, he too loves Morse Code, 'CW' and that took up at least a half hour...

Similar military experience, sort of... he went Navy Aviation repair, I went Air Force radio repair.
both of us got our trades in the military because of our electronics backgrounds.

We stopped in Kansas, OK at the Conoco station... very clean place and pleasant folks there.

We sat there about 1 hr, 20 minutes visiting back and forth, he too was raised with horses, lived in Jenks, OK at the same time my sister was training quarter horses there in Jenks.... they had to have bumped into each other. this was back in the '70s.

Funny story, my bike has Ghosts in it, the kind that talk to you.....
Turned off the CB and I still kept hearing a guy talking to me once in a while.

Turned off everything, Audio, Intercom, CB.... that guy is still talking to me.
Stopped an turned off my cell phone, and that guy is still talking to me....
Not all the time, just every few miles I would hear a blurb: a man speaking for about 3 to 6 seconds....

Pulled into the garage, put the bike up, and the GPS blurted out "Traffic Advisory 5 miles ahead"

:rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Glad y'all had a good ride and good time at Granny's. We did our Dr visit, then I took the 99 to the store for some groceries. When I got home, my filters(air, cruise, and sub) had arrived. They are now all installed. So, good afternoon for me too. I got out with a friend yesterday and got in about 150 miles of twisties in MO and AR. Hope to see you guys on the next RTE.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts

Had a great time

Larry and I did some exploring afterwards. I got in 437 miles. Really had great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 71 of 71 Posts