Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

When i took my carbs off of my 1500 there was a piece of rubber under the carbs.

The rubber was dry rotted and it tore to pieces when i tried to move it to see all the vacuum hoses so i just took it out :in peices as it fell apart:.

My question is

Do i need the piece of rubber and what is it for?

I put it back together without it and have ridden it like that.I looked for it on the parts books but i cant find it.

So am i hurting anything or not?

I cant feel any difference in heat.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,478 Posts
imported post

Under the carbs? Do you mean under the carb air filter basket? That gasket does rot out pretty bad. it is needed to keep sand out of your engine.

·
Premium Member
12,853 Posts
imported post

John,I thinkwhat he'stalking about is like a blanket under there . Its in pieces on my 93 , well pieces are all thats left . I too wonder its purpose . My thoughts are sound deadening,but it could be to hold heat . I hope some one comes along who knows for sure its purpose.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
imported post

i would think it was to keep carbs from getting too hot, and throwing the vaccum off:?

i'd like to know also.

mark:waving:

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
imported post

Iremoved mine (as it was in pieces also) about 4000 miles ago i haven't noticed any difference.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
imported post

Iremoved mine (as it was in pieces also) about 4000 miles ago i haven't noticed any difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.