Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have an 82 GL1100 I 43,000 miles been doing a lot of work on it to bring it up to top shape and have just about got it finished. Something new is happening now and I"m not sure where to look. It has a very slight rubbing noise when leaned into a curve, right or left it makes no difference. Clearance on front cal. holders is correct, but I have found that there is only about 3/32 clearance between rear wheel and swing arm. Has anyone had this problem and how did you cure it. Been reading this forum a lot for the last couple of months and it's great, all questions have been answered except this one. Look forward to response. Thanks

·
Administrator
27,888 Posts
imported post

It may be tire noise or a wheel bearing.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
imported post

On many of the 1100 the front fender clearance can be a problem. I have this with mine since replacing the front tire and it is annoying but not a major problem. The new tire is the same size but I went to Bridgestone S11s. They may be a bit different.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Thanks for quick replies. I took the front wheel off to check bearings, they are stiff like new bearings but silky smooth. I must admit I didn't check for clearance around front fender,duh. I'll do that tomorrow. I haven't removed the rear wheel to check it yet, don't look forward to that much cause I'm getting older and it's harder to work laying on a creeper and I can't work on my knees. The bike has Dunlop 491's front and rear with another season left in them. The rubbing isn't loud or really bad I just don't like suprises. Thanks folks for as great place for info. Radioman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.