Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well......I changed the timing belts today on the 1500 using Rudy's online guide. This is one of those things that I have put off because I was thinking it was going to be a real pain. Truth is , using Rudy's guide, I did the job complete in about 5 hours, including lunch :cheeky1: I did'nt drain the coolant, since I had done that earlier this year. As Rudy says in his guide, you can do the belts with the hoses on, so that's what I did. The only thing that chaps you is the heater "condom" hose. It's always in your way. :D

I guess most folks don't realize how time consuming it is to do a write up, complete with pictures, on a maintenance item like this. I'm sure it took Rudy longer to write it up, than it did for me to actually do the work.

Rudy...thank you so much for all your hard work...............sorry did'nt mean to make you blush :D.

Tim :bat:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Thanks Tim.

When people get something helpful out of it, that is the reward for me.

Glad it went well for you. :waving:

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

Since you got your belts changed hows about changing mine. I am still stoved-up, got my leg in one of those cast things. I bet that you can shave an hour off of your next belt install. :byebye:

Keep on Winging:bat:

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

2wings wrote:
Since you got your belts changed hows about changing mine. I am still stoved-up, got my leg in one of those cast things. I bet that you can shave an hour off of your next belt install. :byebye:

Yea 2wings...drive her out here and I'll change them for you.

Forgot to add how much I like my new HF lift table. Just sit on my rolling stool and everything on the motor is at eye level. Thanks to the little lady for that.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

That the great thing about this forum!! Where else could you get so much information for no more than a big thank you and an occasional shot of MANA!!

:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
imported post

The worst part about changing my belts was I didn't have a lift. I figured it would be no problem crawling around on a piece of cardboard and getting up and down off of the ground and it wasn't that bad--until the next day when my back and legs were sore! I think it's time to pick up a jack. :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Hawker22 wrote:
You mean that you had to work around stuff. Here is how I like to get to things.:cooldevil:
Hawker22....I just realized the front end of your bike is missing :baffled:

You could probably find one on Ebay :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

Remember that pic that Exavid had up of his 1500 with one peg sticking out of the front?? Well, I just went one peg further.:baffled:

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
imported post

I'm looking at doing the timing belts on my 1200 as soon as I get it out of storage & need all the help I can get. Can I get a link to Rudy's online guide?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
imported post

Just click the link in his signature line, and see how deep the ferret hole goes...

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

2wings wrote:

Hey 2wings,

I must have missed something. What happened to you? It wasn't that you were too slow to get out of the way of a flying skillet?:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

My Wing sits on padded carpet. I have been know to fall asleep when working on my vehicles it is soo comfortable!:cheeky1:

Bernie

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

That just shows how wrong those old Budweiser commercials were! Very funny, but still wrong.

It is better to get advice to do a job from a Ferret than a weasle!!:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

cymru wrote:
2wings wrote:

Hey 2wings,

I must have missed something. What happened to you? It wasn't that you were too slow to get out of the way of a flying skillet?:cooldevil:
Yep, looks like another 4 week in this contraptions and some therapy. I think I have learned my lesson, I am not going to cause Mrs 2wings any more problems in the future:fighting:

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
My Wing sits on padded carpet. I have been know to fall asleep when working on my vehicles it is soo comfortable!:cheeky1:

Bernie
Some guys have all the luck. I'll think about you and your carpet when I am laying on some cardboard spread over my gravel drive with rocks piercing my back.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

2wings, Believe me I know what you are talking about. I have been there!

Bernie

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
2wings, Believe me I know what you are talking about. I have been there!

Bernie
So that WAS you out in 2wings driveway. I knew it!

He still wants to know what you were doing under his bike. :goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I nneded a couple muffler bearings!:cheeky1:

Bernie

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.