Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Rudy's Smart Light, is a product every Gold Wing rider must have. The LED inducares when the bike is in first gear and second gear. Something Honda forgot to include. When you are stopped this is important to know. It also will tell you if your alternatoroutput is low and when the bike is shut off the LED flashes every three seconds simulating an armed alarm system.

Reasonabley easy to install following Rudy's well written instructions and if you have a problem Rudy is readily available to help you through it. Very modestly priced. I used mine for a few days and accidently broke the LED. Rudy had a replacement in the mail the same day. I really missed my Smart Light and I'll never again be without one.

I recommend this product without reservation. Go to 'Rudy's Products' and order yours today, you willwonder how you ever got along without it.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I have an LTD which tells me on my dash what gear Im in and I would be absolutely lost with out that, now that I have it.

I ride my son's bike every now and then and he doesn't have one and I stumble off the line each time I ride it at least once because I forgot which gear I was in.

I think one of these might be in store for my son for Christmas.........

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I'm happy to be of help clear over there in Ireland. The Rovin' Rev.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Good idea jobe05. The Rovin' Rev.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
imported post

the Rovin Rev. wrote:
Rudy's Smart Light, is a product every Gold Wing rider must have.
I'll never again be without one.

I recommend this product without reservation.
Recently installed one myself....................feel exactly the same way!

T.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Rudy is a good guy. I wish we lived closer together. We could be good friends. We share many good qualities.
He has an outstanding product. Between his smart Light gear indicator and my fix for the 1500 gas gauge we're on the way to making the 1500 a much better, more pleasent riding machine.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Honda neglected to give us a gear position indicator, except for neutral and 5th gear, (OD), even though the circuitry is there. We all know how important it is to know, when we come to a stop, if we are in first gear. If in second it can be, at best, inconvenient and at worst near disastrouswhen we start out.

Rudy's Products has designed an LED indicator, the Smart Light,that tells uswhen we are in second gear or first gear, very important to know. It also lets us know ifthe alternator out put is low and it flashes each time we shift, up or down, nice to know and when weshut the Gold Wing off the LEDflash's every 3 seconds simulating an alarm system.

I installed the Smart Light on my 1988 GL1500 some time ago but recently, through my own carelessness broke theleads off of the LED. I called Rudy onMonday and he had a new LED to me by Thursday, that's from Atlanta GA to Yuma, AZ. I never want to be without the Smart Light again.

Reasonably priced, $49.95 for the 1200, $69.95 for the 1500 and $79.95 for the 1800 it is well worth the cost and it is reasonably easy to install using Rudy's well written instructions and he is available to talk you through itif you get stalled. Go online to Rudy's ProductsHomepage and order yours today. You will wonder how you ever got along without it.

Needless to say I recommend this product without reservation. It is a must have. The Rovin' Rev.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Thanks Rev. There is no need for three separate threads on this. I'm going to merge them all into this one thread now.
I've fitted two of Rudy's Smartlights and they really are very useful. For the price, they represent great value for money.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

I would guess the Rev probably couldn't find his original post Steve, thought it was gone and then reposted it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.