Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just installed one of Rudy's Smartlights...................Can't adequately say how impressed I am!

T.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
imported post

I absolutely love mine! I've got the GL1800 model and I spent the extra effort to completly install Rudy's Smartlight with the gear indicator. I can't imagine not having it nowand I get a lot of questions about what kind of security system I have installed!! ;)

:claps:

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
imported post

Rudy is a member here and has a lot of technical knowledge and common sense in ferreting out problems. He is also a vendor and the Smartlight is a multi-functional, electrical system diagnostic monitor that you mount permanently on your bike.

The smartlights are at the bottom of this link.

http://RudysProducts.com/index_store.html

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
imported post

Bike...and Dennis wrote:
Sorry, I don't know what it is. Could you be just a little less vague...?
Dennis you crack me up.. you also took the words right out of my mouth.:ROFL:

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Ok, it's only for the 1500 and 1800. My 1200LTD already has a gear indicator, but I don't need it. The "keepers" are a great idea, I designed my own, and have them on the sidepanels. I will also be installing them on my saddlebag lids.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

JerryH wrote:
Ok, it's only for the 1500 and 1800. My 1200LTD already has a gear indicator, but I don't need it. The "keepers" are a great idea, I designed my own, and have them on the sidepanels. I will also be installing them on my saddlebag lids.
The SmartLight Traveler version is for any bike and it comes with no gear indicator feature which you don't need anyway. I had one installed on my nekkid GL1000 with the LED tied to the choke bracket, although I did have to lengthen the LED wires to get it there. It is also cheaper and wires in very quickly and easily compared to the Gearhead which requires the gear sensor cable to be installed.

In fact, the Traveler can be used on any 12vdc vehicle system with a battery and a charging system, not just motorcycles. But you are right, the SmartLight Gearhead version is only for the GL1500 and GL1800 systems currently.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
imported post

Jerry, out of curiosity, does your year bike have a meter to tell you the alternator output that was stock on the bike?

Gear info is secondary to alternator info. I had another companies alt info installed on my bike by the PO and it saved my ass 4 blocks from the house while I was setting out far a trip. I never really realized how much I glanced at that meter, but when it dropped I was all over it....it WAS the alternator that went bad.....just like that. I don't know what all Rudys stuff does but an indicator light for voltage will save you a BIG headache. Usually I get all that tech info as i'm riding and the bike shuts down and I coast to the curb.

Al

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Vague..............vague.........can't:? remember what we were talking about...........

Bike...and Dennis wrote:
Sorry, I don't know what it is. Could you be just a little less vague...?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.