1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I found this 'out there'.

---

"There is talk of a Suzuki sport-touring bike in the works to compete with the FJR and C14, but the latest I heard was that it would be a mid-09 release as a 2010 model. It's been confirmed that it will NOT be a cladded and luggaged Bandit, but I honestly don't know what other platform they'd use."

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

it looks nice, but needs a bigger front end and windshield like the ST, to be sport tourer, to me it just looks like a sport bike with saddlebags, to be tourer it might be 1000cc+

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

The sport touring bikes are a very small market. I can't see why any company would want to jump in. If you have a combo dealership. If they have 1 sport touring bike, they will have 3 to 10 goldwings and 50 cruisers and 50 sport bikes. Just not enough call for them. I have a Concours, nice bike and fun to ride.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

looks like a b-king front end

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Already here, called the Suzuki Bandit. One of the guy in our club has one. Says it is the most comfortable bike he has ever had. :D After 200 miles as I am the tail gunner I see him standing on the pegs, shifting around on the seat, standing up at the stop lights, and letting go of the handlebars and aching his back. Yep looks quite comfortable to me.

Sport bike tires on long runs last about two months, 5000 miles and they are toast, made to hold the road not go down the road.

Kit

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Just my opinion, but that just looks like some ugly street fighter bike with a couple of hard shopping bags slung on it for good measure. If I wanted to feel my head being torn off at high speeds I would have taken up sky diving!!! :shock::cheeky1:

Is it just me, but most bikes like this being churned out, look like they belong in a Mad Max movie!!!!!:gunhead:

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
imported post

No Chrome,,,,,,,,,,No Good:p

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

Had a Bandit years ago , the most uncomfortable seat by far . I could only manage about 45 mins til I got numb bum :(not to mention the amount of helmet liftand it could eat tires. If Suzuki want to compete in the tourer or sports tourer market they will need to put some major time into the competiton and some R and D

E

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
imported post

Looks like a B-King with C14 saddle bags

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

I was gonna say the B King would be a great platform. ST guys are riding just as long and hard as the wingers. Not going to knock them or their bikes, and I will definately be giving Suzuki's ST entry a hard look in the next couple of years.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Too much sport, not enough touring.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Sat on one this weekend... actually pretty comfortable with a semi-upright position (lean slightly forward I guess to counteract the wind). I don't think they were marketing it as a sport-touring bike - more a naked bike.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
imported post

thats a b king with the busa engine not the 6oo with kawasaki gtr1400 panniers if you look closely on the right side of the pannier you can see where it has been photo shopped in

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

I too have dreamed of a tourer with the Hayabusa engine ,but with at least a belt drive if a shaft turned out to not be possible.
I would like an electric windshield with some nice easily removable lowers.
A larger set of bags than in the image above must be easily detachable., 2 power ports in back and 2 in front, and one solar for the camp site.
Larger footpegs with an altertanative highway set for stretching out .
Stylish and effective crashbars.
Tool box to include a small jack and air compressor..
6 gallon fuel tank.
Flat black , with no chrome,or chrome and any custom color.
Offer sets of wheels in different sizes and offer different sized pully wheels for belt drive with belts to fit any combo.
Levers for clutch and front brake that are reparable on the spot.
Bomb proof electrical system.
Rust-proof gas tank.
Oil cooler.
Cup holder.for 16 oz can.

============================I would be interested in something like this.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

Sat on the B King yesterday. Nice bike. Seems huge though.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
imported post

A guy I work with has a Bandit. He rides it about 10 miles to work and thats about it. He keeps saying he wants something different to go ride in the mountains with me. He says he can ride about 35 minutesbeforehis arms are numb and his back is sore.

The picturesof the new bike looks like you don't have to lean so far forward and support all of your weightwith your arms.

What's the point?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.