Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

How does the carb-sync relate to rich running carbs or does it? Mine all check out within 1/2 in Hg of each other, but my bike still runs rich and gets less than 30 mpg. I've only had the bike a few weeks, so I'm just getting around to performance. I've changed the plugs, air filter, synched carbs (no adj needed). Plugs are whitish gray in the middle and dry carbon on the outer edges all consistent.

Also, my bike originally came from Northern North America. The previous owner moved to Florida and I bought it from him. I'm thinking that the vastlydifferent climates and humidity is causing my rich condition. I doubt the previous owner had it re-tuned when he moved here.

Is there a procedure for mixture adjustment, or what is the nominal setting? Certain number of turns?

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
imported post

that rich condition may be due to the slow air cutoff valve, the gurus will confirm or deny this. Presently I am in the same boat, and awaiting a new valve this week.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
imported post

sorry the model may not be acurate, mine is a '84 1200A

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Is there any way to test these, I know there not cheap and I have four!!!

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
imported post

testing may not be necessary, for a bike that age or even mine, odds are they need to be replaced or will soon enough to justify the cost.:D

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I'm not quite understanding. It says in the link that the air cutoff valve enriches the mixture during deceleration. If the air cutoff is inop then wouldn't the mixture stay lean at idle and deceleration? Or does it fail to richening all the time?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.