Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Ok - 1980 GL1100 reburb going well - engine started after 3-1/2 months out of the frame and sounds very, very sweet. The old mufflers were rusted out, replaced with a gently used muffler from a 1982 Arizona bike (nod of thanks to Frenchy @Crescent Moon). However, it seems that the change in back pressure is causing the carbs to run rich - the bike idles just fine, but give just a little throttle and it quickly bogs - you can hear it if you are listening.

So, the question - is there any adjustment possible? Or do I need to rejet?
Thanks in advance...
Grandma Nikki

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Seems to me that all the 1100's use the same exhaust system and have the same amount of back pressure. Check to see if the joint of the cross over pipe is leaking.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

FWIW, mine was running rich on one cylinder after I did the Randakk carb rebuild. One of the floats was way off, so I set it level with the bowl lip and all is well now.

What does the air filter look like? Tried taking it out yet? What do the plugs look like?

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

I agree with float level! Nothing you do to your exhaust will effect your bike that much. try tapping your float bowls while its running, you might have a stuck float.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.