Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

We have come upon a 1969 Rupp mini bike recently. They still have a website where you can buy parts.....

http://www.buysell.com/root/detail/Edmonton/Collector_Motorcycles/4825/71031165/1969_RUPP_ROADSTER_2_EXCELLENT_RESTO.aspx

http://www.ruppbikes.com/ruppBikes.aspx

....and on Ebay.....a mint Rupp fetches up to $2500. Has anyone had one of these or do you have one? They are curious little bikes. Maybe not comparable to the Honda Z50 followers, but interesting none the less..;)

Jen :action::action::action:
;)

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
imported post

My brother and I had a Hustler version way back when. Fun little bike, couldn't kill it. Wish I had one now, my son would enjoy that too. He outgrew the pocket rocket years ago

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

I have always wanted the Honda mini-trail 50. They look so cool.

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

huh, what do you know? I never knew Rupp made anything except snowmobiles.

The very first snowmobile I ever drove myself (rode along as a kid on my father's snowmobile for years) was a Rupp 440. I swore I was going to be launched off the back of the thing as it took off, it felt like it lifted the front end off the ground.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

We had two Rupp's when we were kids. You're right they were a blast, they had fast torque and you could get that thing going a whole lot faster that you wanted (if you had any sense, which we didn't) to go.

The sad thing is back then you could buy a used one for $50.00, if it was in great condition maybe $100.00.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
imported post

My Dad bought me a new Rupp 5hp mini-bike 41 years ago. Didn't take me long to figure out how to reach down and disable the governor on the engine. Wish I still had it. I sold it to a family friend, who promptly drove it into the ground.

My next bike was a Candy Orange Honda Trail 70, four speed with manual clutch. A three speed auto shift was offered, but I wanted the manual.

Both were great bikes.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

i remember my dad taking me to the rupp dealer as a kid an i told him real motorcycles didn't havepull cords andlawnmower engines. i ended up with a candy blue and white '69 z50a

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
imported post

yea i had the kawasaki 75 it was pretty cool 3 speed no clutch rev her up and put it in gear fall on your ass lol.

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

We had a Rupp when we were kids. My folks had 5 boys. All of us rode that bike.........then sold it to a neighbor. We had a Honda Trail 90 also. That bike would crawl up any hill you pointed it at, I swear. Good deer huntin' bike that 90............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.