Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a chance to pick up a used russel day long seat for real cheap............just wandering what your opinions might be. The cover is a little rough though

·
Bringer of Shenanigans
1,031 Posts
imported post

My boss has a Russell on his ST1300. He absolutely loves it. Just remember that they are custom built seats. The previous owner may not be built like you. So, it could be less comfortable than a stock seat.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

tigger wrote:
Just remember that they are custom built seats. The previous owner may not be built like you. So, it could be less comfortable than a stock seat.
:cooler: If it's a truly custom built seat, this statement is very true!

Unfortunately, a lot of people/owners shelled out a lot of money for a seat that is supposedly 'The Best' and when they find out they are not all that better, they are afraid to admit that they spent a fortune on something that didn't live up to the billing/hype. :baffling:

The stock seats are pretty good as long as you break your butt in, by taking many long rides (>450mi) per day over a short period.

If your current seat is truly shot/deteriorated, maybe a newer stock seat will work better. (?) JMHO

Dusty

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

you can get it re-covered but it'll cost alittle i'd sit on it first and see if you like it

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

How about the saddleman seat kit? my foam is definitly shot as well as the cover

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.