Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know if we have any members from Russia? If we do, my condolences to you. I was sent some photos that I have uploaded to the Gallery (http://www.goldwingfacts.com/photopost/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/7706) of a major federal freeway in Russia that goes from Moscow to Yakutsk in Siberia. I guess we shouldn't be complaining about our roads here too much. Gives the term 'bailout' a whole new meaning.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,657 Posts
imported post

wpgfire wrote:
Does anyone know if we have any members from Russia? If we do, my condolences to you. I was sent some photos that I have uploaded to the Gallery (http://www.goldwingfacts.com/photopost/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/7706) of a major federal freeway in Russia that goes from Moscow to Yakutsk in Siberia. I guess we shouldn't be complaining about our roads here too much. Gives the term 'bailout' a whole new meaning.
Yes, we do. REKLAMA and he is needing parts for his bike.

REKLAMA wants parts

and here he posted a picture of his bike in something like your gallery looks like:

and here is his modern workshop to repair it in

until we have experienced walking in their shoes, it is hard to appreciate our mostly fantastic roads.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

One thing about it, a Ural bike with a hack that has a powered wheel is a better match for those conditions than a 'Wing! Not to mention a heck of a lot easier to work on too. I've seen a couple of Alaskan roads that weren't much better and I'm sure there are some of our Canadian members have seen similar. Breakup and early summer are tough driving conditions in a lot of far North countries.

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
imported post

It reminds me of a stretch of highway 10 south of Brandon near the Souris turn off. I went through there last summer when it was under construction.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

Oh yeah, been there done that got the T-shirt, but I had to throw it away, too muddy.

Four wheel drive, all wheels turning, while the belly sits on the slightly harder mud in the centre. Thank heavens for winches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.