Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2003 1800 Goldwing the metal arms on the fuel level floats rusted. It produced heavy rust deposits in the plastic gas tank. I have wiped the inside and removed all solid deposits. I used no liquids, just a dry cloth. Is there further cleaning that should be done? If so, what procedure should be done? Can anything be done to prevent this from happening again, or is it just a matter of keeping the tank full?

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
On my 2003 1800 Goldwing the metal arms on the fuel level floats rusted. It produced heavy rust deposits in the plastic gas tank. I have wiped the inside and removed all solid deposits. I used no liquids, just a dry cloth. Is there further cleaning that should be done? If so, what procedure should be done? Can anything be done to prevent this from happening again, or is it just a matter of keeping the tank full?
Don't let the bike sit extended periods of time with the arm not covered by gasoline. Sore with the tanl full and Stabil, Seafoam etc added to the fuel. Never store with the tank low or empty.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
+2

never set the bike up without a full tank of gas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts